Chapter 18

Lexie's side:

Until Christopher pulled away...

It was silent for a split second, until Lexie let out an "Oh."

Christopher on the other hand was completely mute, he didn't even bother saying a word, you could tell he had a shocked look on his face, he was not meaning for it to happen. The rest of the night Lexie laid in her bed staring at the wall opposite of Christopher, her arms crossed, and he was sitting on a chair reading some type of magazine. The tension in the room was horrible, and no one was willing to let the first word out, they both were thinking it but no one was willing to communicate their thoughts.

The next morning Lexie woke up, Christopher was already gone, next to her bed on the nightstand a gorgeous sunflower bouquet, her favorite, no note though, that was the weird part, I mean who could have known about sunflowers being her favorite? Before she could even jump to her next thought, a tall ginger boy peaked his head from the door:" Hello love, feeling better aren't we?"

" Joshua!" Lexie screams, she suddenly felt shivers going through her spine and felt her throat getting drier by the minute.

" Missed me?" he smirks.

" Oh yes terribly, if you hadn't shown up today I was getting ready to jump out of my window." she replied in a sarcastic tone rolling her eyes.

" Glad I showed up then."

" Feeling a little too confident are we Joshua." Lexie added, she was completely disgusted by that man and she had never felt more uncomfortable than she was now, but she kept up the tough act.

Joshua walked closer to Lexie's bed, he got so close to the point where their eyes met and to the point where Lexie could hear his steady breaths. He had an evil look on his face and he kept staring weirdly at his ex.

"You loved the flowers didn't you?" he added, getting even closer.

" Surprised you remembered." Lexie sat up and got to his level.

" How could I forget, love."

" You were the perfect boyfriend you really were." Lexie pointed out.

Joshua pulled in now, Lexie wasn't pulling away either, their lips got so close to the point where you felt like they were going to kiss, until, Lexie grabbed one of the sunflowers and shoved it inside his mouth then proceeded to punch him in his nuts.

"Shit, every time!" Joshua yelled.

" Oh wait, let me finish, you were the perfect boyfriend until, you cheated on me, left me to burn at a party and insulted my best friend. I suggest you leave before this gets ugly honey." Lexie added with a touch of confidence.

"Lexie, Lexie, Lexie, don't get all tough on me now sweetheart." He walked back to her.

"Come a little inch closer and I swear to god I'll get out of bed and fight you." Lexie was now red with anger and she was in suddenly in attack mode.

Joshua stood there for a second, and then the doors opened again, it was the plastic surgeon this time coming for Lexie's daily burn pealing.

" Visiting hours are over son." and then practically kicked him out.

Then the door opened once again, Christopher came into the room, Lexie now, was in complete panic mode.

The pealing began and Lexie was now screaming more than ever, with every touch, her screams kept getting louder and louder. Christopher offered his hand, Lexie stared at him, his ocean blue eyes that she loved for a moment she felt like taking his hand but the memories from last night came rushing back so she simply turned her head to the other side. Christopher felt a knife going through his chest, he had no idea he had hurt her, he didn't even know why she was so affected by it. Whatever it was, that feeling, he was feeling it too.

After a long painful hour, the doctor finally left the room and left Christopher there to check on Lexie's stats by the minute.

The tension was still there and they still weren't speaking to each other, Christopher came closer to her.

" I need to check your heart beat." he says in a shaking tone.

" Suit yourself I'm not going anywhere." she made sure she was being very dry.

"Okay." he held out his stethoscope and placed it on her chest, her heart was racing and her breaths were unsteady, she kept rubbing the back of her neck, he then realized she was not comfortable, he took a step back.

" Okay, Lex you have to tell me what's wrong." Christopher finally asks.

" Nothing, everything is fine, It's perfect actually." she shoots back in a sarcastic tone.

" What happened, we were good friends you and I, I don't get it! When did it all go downhill!" Christopher yells.

-" Nothing happened! THAT'S THE PROBLEM!" they were both screaming now.

-" Did you think I was going to-? kiss you?" he lowered his voice.

Lexie pulled her hair back and turned peach.

-" I mean I don't know." she replies.

" You're my patient, it's forbidden."

" I know." she was never one to follow the rules.

" But you were right, I did want to kiss you that night Lex."

" So do it!" she insists.

" You know I can't do that..." he walks away and gets to the door, his hand on the doorknob getting ready to leave the room.

-" Chris, I CARE ABOUT YOU OKAY!" she yelled then she lowered her voice." If you care about me, the way I do for you, you would risk it all, because I am all in, I knew it from the second you walked into this room, the moment you held my hand when I was in pain, and the way you broke the rules for me to see April that night because I was feeling down, Chris, I never do this, but I care about you, I care." Lexie had truly never done this before, never in her life was she this vulnerable.

Christopher was now twisting the handle, he had to get out of there, he couldn't let his emotions get in the way of his career. He cared about Lexie, maybe even more than she cared about him. One foot behind the door one in front, he was ready to walk away. In a split second Christopher had turned around, shut the door and twisted the lock. He walked towards Lexie with no regret, their eyes had finally met, Lexie studying every inch of his face from his perfectly shaped lips to his sharp jawline, Christopher's hand was now on Lexie's cheek, both their hearts racing.

-" All in." Christopher whispers in her ear.

Then their lips touched gently, it felt like fireworks...