Chapter 38

Guys take a look at the new cover which was made by my babe arwa2803
Thank you so much Aru❤️

Guys take a look at the new cover which was made by my babe arwa2803 Thank you so much Aru❤️

Do you like this? 👀🥺

Siddharth's POV

"Siddharth, do you remember what I told you about my parents?" She asked.

"Yeah, you said they moved to the US when you were 13 right?" I said utterly confused.

"I lied Sid.....they didn't move to the US. I'm so sorry" she said avoiding my eyes.

"What do you mean Avu?" I said taking her hand in mine.

"Whatever I'm going to tell you.... Please forgive me" she said tearing up.

"What's the matter please tell me Avneet" I said getting scared now.

A/n : This has no reference to real life and I'm sorry if I offend anyone. It's just for the story purpose :)

"That day... when I came home from school.... Our housekeeper informed me that...that my parents...my mom dad passed away in an accident.... I lost everything that day Siddharth. I was expecting to come home to my parents. That they'll show me the gifts they brought from Rajasthan. But..but instead I arrived home to the news of their death... They died Siddharth" she said crying.

"Avneet.....how.....all of this happened and you never told me...why Avneet why?" I said angry and heartbroken at the same time.

"I lied! I lied because I... I didn't want to be called an orphan. I lied because somewhere it made me feel good. When I used to say that my parents moved to the US, it somehow gave me this.....this false hope that they are alive. That maybe someday when I come home from school, they'll be sitting in the living room. Maybe they'll just come back. I couldn't accept the fact that they were gone. One day they were right here hugging me and the next day.......they are just gone....gone forever. I was a kid Siddharth! I couldn't believe it" she said sobbing and without thinking twice I hugged her tight which led her into crying even more violently.

"I'm so sorry Avneet. I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that. I can't even imagine all the pain you suffered. But I promise you, from now on I will keep you safe. I won't let any sadness come your way." I said rubbing her back.

"I love you Siddharth. I love you so much" she said wiping her tears on my t-shirt.

"Hey! My t-shirt is not a tissue" I said and she chuckled.

"You know Siddharth, I had to sleep in my room all alone everyday. And that housekeeper lady used to switch off the lights when I went to sleep. So, whenever I used to wake up in the middle of the night I got scared. She was very bad. And once I asked her to sleep with me but she straight away denied and said I trouble her a lot" she said playing with my 'S' locket.