Birds and Lockers

I had the world's greatest boyfriend. He does a bunch of small little things that make me the happiest girl ever. He picks me up for school with a coffee in hand, knowing that I love coffee in the morning. Sometimes he even brings a donut or something if he thinks I need a pick-me-up. He sends me sweet texts all the time and we talk almost every night either over the phone or in person.

It was a beautiful day. Sunny and warm, like most every other day in Hollywood, California. Beck and I arrived super early to school because he had to finish a project for one of his classes, and I was asked to do make-up trials for a few of the upcoming plays. That's right! I'm a makeup artist, and I'm a spectacular one at that. I'm known to do makeup for most plays, especially if they want a certain look. I can do anything from natural to scary special effects.

I just finished my trials and I was very happy with the results. I still needed to work out a few tweaks, but hey, that's showbiz. As I walked down the hall towards my locker, which was near Tori's, I smiled at every student that passed me. Rounding the corner, I saw Tori, Andre, Robbie, and Rex.

"Hey! What's up?"

"Do I really have to decorate my locker?" Tori asked me.

I looked at her plain, grey locker. It was a stark difference from the colorful and creative lockers around it, including mine. "Yes, of course, you do. You see how dreadful yours looks compared to everyone else's, right?"

"Well, what did you do?"

(The butterflies can be whatever color(s) you want

(The butterflies can be whatever color(s) you want. And if you don't like butterflies, then you can change it. But butterflies hold a special meaning for me.)

I smiled and pointed to my locker, which was two to the left of hers. It was painted white and there were a bunch of blue, purple, pink, and green butterflies attached as if they were flying. Some of the butterflies were painted on, but others "jumped" off of the locker. I used craft store decorations for the effect. "Butterflies hold a dear place in my heart. They represent change and beauty, giving yourself time to grow before you can spread your wings. Plus, they're beautiful, and, sadly, so many species are endangered," I explained with a warm smile.

"Awe! That's beautiful, (Y/N)," Tori cooed. But her face returned to a pout as she whined, "But I'm not that deep and meaningful. Help me!"

I shook my head. "It has to be all yours. You can do it."

"Ugh," she groaned. "What'd you do for yours?" She asked Robbie.

"I made a mosaic using all of the baby bottle nipples from my childhood," Robbie replied. We all gave him weird looks. "They remind me of a happier time."

Tori shook her head, trying to focus on anything else. Then, she turned to Andre. "Yours?"

"Check it out," he replied, gesturing for us to follow him.

"Follow those dreads," Rex chimed. We all stopped in front of Andre's locker, which he completely reconfigured as a working piano keyboard. He began to play a funky tune that got the entire hallway dancing along.