Foreign Countries and Foreign Prisons (Part 2)

Part 2!!!!!

Hope you like it!

Love,

KK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sikowitz and Trina went with Sgordis to try and straighten things out while the rest of us stayed behind, left to wait in anxious agony. No sooner did they leave and I was already pacing across the lobby floor. The old run-down wood creaked under my every movement, but my mind was too preoccupied to care. It felt like hours had passed already, and the pacing wasn't enough anymore. While I continued to pace, I started to nervously nibble on my thumbnail.

Beck had chosen that moment to look up from his phone before blocking my path and tearing my hand away from my mouth. "Pacing, no problem. But biting your nails, not happening."

"I have to do something!" I argued. "I feel so useless just waiting around."

He rubbed my shoulders, adding pressure to ground my nerves. "I know you're scared and worried for Tori, for us. We're going to figure this out. In the meantime, nail-biting is off-limits. You've said yourself that it's a bad habit that you wish you didn't have. Don't let it consume you."

"Easy for you to say," I huffed. "I guess that's why you're the calm one in this relationship."

He chuckled and I gave him a confused look. "Sorry, I don't mean to laugh. It's just... We take turns. When I'm upset about something, you take the practical approach to keep me from spiraling. And I do the same for you."

I smiled and grasped his hands. "I like that. I'm sorry if it seems like you're the level-headed one all the time."

"You never have to apologize for feeling the way you do," he reassured, clutching my hands a little tighter.

"But I do. It's not fair to you if you can't express your emotions without fear of setting off mine," I argued.

He nodded, contemplating my words. "Alright, let's do this one together," he reasoned while guiding me to sit next to him on the couch. "I don't want anything else to happen to us. I don't want anything happening to you. But it doesn't look good right now, and that terrifies me, especially because I'll be helpless to stop anything from happening."

I smiled and brushed my fingers through his soft hair before gently grasping the hairs on the back of his head and guiding his head down so his forehead would rest on mine. "Thank you for opening up to me."

After letting out a small breath through my nose, I asked, "What are we gonna do?"

Beck pulled back and kissed my forehead before nestling me into his side, resting his cheek on my head. "When Sikowitz gets back, we're gonna make some calls to home. Why don't you go with Trina and the others down to the prison? Seeing Tori might do you some good."

"Are you sure you don't want help?"

He kissed my head again, a feeling I would never grow tired of. "No, I don't want you to worry about this. Go make sure Tori's okay."

"Okay."

"I love you."

I smiled and nestled deeper into his side. "I love you too."

When Trina and Sikowitz returned, Beck, Robbie, and Sikowitz started making calls home while the rest of us traveled to the prison to see Tori. It was a pretty nerve-wracking walk. Military ran around us and sometimes rammed through us. The shouting never seemed to end, but I was just glad that gunshots and bombs weren't exploding at our feet. Some of the military personnel gave us strange looks. Five Americans stuck out like a sore thumb. Then again, they could have been looking at Andre strangely. Because of the moth venom, his new thing was eating spoonfuls of salt right out of a jar. He ate it as if it were the best ice cream he had ever had, and I cringed any time I accidentally glanced over.