Prologue

~To The Story~

You were bored.  

Truly, utterly, beyond bored.

With another lofty sigh, your eyes flickered across the large room and noticed your dad talking to other people in the Yakuza while here you were, left sitting alone at the white round table as hundred of other bodies mingled around under the crystal chandelier. None of them spared you a glance, seeing as they were all too busy to notice you. Even your own father.

Why does your dad make you perform at these silly parties? Ah, that's right, because to him, you were just a tool he used whenever he needed to make himself look good. And today was just one of those days, unfortunately.

Nevertheless, you kept off from showing your boredom on your face and waited patiently before you had to go up and play the piano. Even though you didn't want to be here, you still wish someone would come up a strike up a conversation with you... actually, scratch that. The majority of the people here are mostly over a decade older than you. What kind of conversation would you have with these people? Nothing, that's what.

There wasn't anyone here you knew to reduce the boredom. Not even a person your age-

Oh! You spoke too soon. While scanning the area you spotted a male sitting alone just a few tables down. A young and attractive male in fact. Like you, he seemed to be bored. Except, it was more obvious from the way he was sitting. He was tilting his chair back, his mercury orbs were dully staring straight up to the ceiling, hands in his pocket. The way he was sitting just told you that he didn't give a shit about anything. One of his featured that stood out to you was his short red hair. It was also a beautiful shade of red in fact.

How come you didn't notice him sooner? Did he arrive late? What family is he from?

The longer you looked at him, the more questions you kept asking yourself and your boredom have subdued as well. When you had the urge to go up and chat with him, you saw his eyes lazily rolled over to your direction as if having the feeling someone was looking at him.

In one swift motion, you turn your head in the opposite direction, with your ruby red earrings that dangled down your ears smacked your cheek in the process.

'That was embarrassing,'

You blushed. He probably thinks you're a creep now. And that guy was a total hottie no less! That makes it ten times worse! Well, so much for going up and talk to him.

Still feeling flushed, you did not attempt to move and kept your lips pressed together and your hands firmly on your lap. The only thing you could do was internally beg that he would just forget about you.

Is he even looking at you? You didn't want to check.

"(Y/n), it's almost time for you to perform." You heard your father's voice. Flinching, you snapped your direction to where he is. You saw your dad, hovering near you, and looking at you with very little affection.

"Ah, right." You said, before your chair back and standing up. Smoothing out your long black dress and heading the direction of the stage, which is luckily not in the same direction where that redhead was.

In the back of your mind, you were hoping to find him after your performance to engage in a chat with him. However, when you finished, he was nowhere to be seen.

-😈-

(Two months later...)

Without missing a note, your fingers kept playing the piano accordingly. For the whole time, your fingers never left the black and white keys. The notes you played created beautiful music and it filled up the empty room.