[9: Two Of A Kind]

~To The Story~

"...What is this?"

Karma looked at his plate of omelette with skepticism. The omelette itself is fine and dandy, it's what was ontop that threw him off a bit. Used with ketchup, there was a badly drawing of a flower with a smiley face. At least, Karma thinks it's a flower. Hench why he had to ask.

"It's a flower." You smiled, sitting next to Karma with your plate of an omelette and having a similar drawing on it.

"Flowers don't have faces."

"That's what makes it cute." You pouted when you hear the lack of amusement in Karma's voice.

"Yeah, cute." Karma lazily smiled and picked up his fork. "You don't have to pretend to act like a wife if you don't want to."

"I-I wasn't trying." You flushed. "I just wanted to make you breakfast..." Besides, it's the least you could do since he is letting you live here and agreeing to marry you.

You saw Karma poking at the omelette, specifically at the drawing, as if he was silently threatening it that he will eat it if it were to attack him.

"... Don't poke your food." You sighed.

It was your idea to have breakfast with Karma in the mornings. It's a good chance to spend some time with him and get used to the presence of each other. Since Karma is talking to you like a normal person now, you're not nervous about having to strike a conversation with him.

"I always put cute drawings on my omelette," You said sheepishly, already using your fork to cut one end of your food. "Although... a flower is the only thing I can draw. But if you don't like it I won't do it to yours."

"Nah, you don't have to. Otherwise, I can't make fun of it."

Your cheeks puffed, frowning at the redhead as he ate his breakfast with an innocent expression. When he acts like that, you sometimes question if he really is a Yakuza boss or not. The ones you met were always old and pretty cold at times. This guy looks like he just wants to have fun.

"At least you're a better cook than you are at drawing."

"Oh." You fought back a smile. You were half expecting him to find some flaw in your cooking like in your drawing, but here he is, eating every bit without a hint of hesitation. "Thanks."

"I don't often have... er what you call it...? Home-cooked meals? So this is a nice change of pace." Karma commented, his fork picking up another piece of the omelette.

"What do you normally eat then?"

Karma chewed then swallowed. "Typically snacks."

Karma does not want to rely on someone to cook for him. He can fend for himself and take whatever there is in the kitchen and that goes for anyone else who lives here.

You furrowed your brows. "That's not good for you." Should you cook for him more?

Karma half shrugged. "Don't worry about me. Anyway, speaking of things that aren't good for me." He began. "I'm having an annoying pest come over later today."

Annoying pest?

"Um... Okay." You said, thinking that would be the end of the subject, but apparently, it wasn't 'cause Karma went on, his voice dropping into a more serious one.

"Now, I don't want you to meet him, but because I do business with his dad and him, you're bound to cross paths with him."

Karma did say that there are some things you're gonna have to learn if you're going to be his fiancée. Guess meeting the people he does business with him should be one of them.