[16: Naivety]

~To The Story~

Kanzaki stepped into the 5-star hotel, holding in her trembling frame. Immediately, she felt out of place with the atmosphere alone. She's never been to the Kunugigaoka Hotel before, not that she can afford it to begin with. She hoped she didn't stand out too much.

Inhaling a sharp breath, Kanzaki tried to put on a brave look. How she look was not important right now. Keeping her goal in mind, she marched forward.

According to Chiba, you're a new pianist here at the restaurant. She called ahead of time to ask if you were playing tonight and lucky enough, you are.

After arguing with herself the whole day and night yesterday, she eventually concluded to find you and get some help. Now, she knows how insane the idea was; asking a Yakuza Boss' fiancée for help, but that's just how desperate she was. The same desperation she felt before she spiralled into this situation in the first place. Yet, her guts tell her that this will be different.

When she waltzes into the restaurant, she was greeted by a waitress who is scripted to ask, 'table for one?' She told her that she already had a table with another person. A lie but she didn't have time to worry about something so small.

Kanzaki was able to freely get through. She expected to hear piano music as soon as she got in, but there was none. Maybe you were on a break?

And she guessed right because she spotted you sitting at the bar. You weren't alone though. Kanzaki saw a blonde woman next to you, chatting and sometimes even laughing.

Seeing you made her faltered for a moment and second-guessed herself. Is it really okay to go up to you while you're minding your own business? What if you find it incredibly rude?

No, no. She's already here. If she backs out now, then she'll probably never go through with it. Kanzaki took a deep breath, mustering up all her courage, she took a brave step and kept on walking.

"Um excuse me?" Kanzaki spoke.

In the middle of a conversation, you stopped when you heard a voice pipe in. You and Irina turned and saw a girl standing before you, holding a shy look.

The girl's face was still fresh in your mind. She was that waitress you encountered yesterday.

"Oh, you're..." You paused to think, then snapped your finger a few times. "Kanzaki-chan, right? Sorry about the other day. I hope you didn't get in trouble." You smiled a bit awkwardly.

"No..." She shook her head, her eyes flickered to you for a moment before looking down, missing Irina standing up from her seat. She was forced to look up when she felt the blonde woman cupping her cheeks to lift her face, catching her off guard.

"My, what a pretty face you have." Irina admired, smiling smoothly. "Want to work for me?"

"Eh?!" Kanzaki squeaked, freezing in place.

"Irina-san, don't scare her off." You said sheepishly.

Listening, Irina shrugged with a small smile and backed away from her.

"I-I came by to give you back your handkerchief." Kanzaki extended her hand and showed you the same piece of cloth you gave her yesterday.

You blinked a few times. That... was nice of her. She didn't come here for that, did she?

"Oh, you can keep it." You smiled at her. "Um..." You scratched your cheek. "I doubt you came all the way to return a piece of cloth."

She slowly reeled her arms back. "I didn't."