[38: Sugar & Spice]

Sorry for the long wait. I didn't plan for this chapter to be over 20 pages long 😬

But I guess that's good news for you guys 😘

~To The Story~

Just a few months ago, in this very room, you remembered meeting your fiance for the first time. It was an unpleasant first experience with him. He poured his drink all over you, confirming what you heard before that he didn't want to get married. And, at the time, you didn't want to get married to him. You didn't want anything to do with him.

Funny how life works sometimes, huh?

Because fast forward to tonight, in the same room where you met this pain in the ass, here you are, allowing this same man to kiss you, and shelter you with his body. Not only that, but you admitted to him that you loved him beforehand.

Karma. The kind of person you never wanted anything to do with, but now you don't see yourself without him in your life. Now, was it worth your sanity and safety? Probably not.

It was hard to think clearly anyways with how emotional you became and with Karma's lips pressed against yours. His tongue was exploring and caressing yours, with your fingers running through and gripping his red locks. You taste the desperation and lap it up like honey.

From a distance, you heard the sound of the phone ringing. Whose phone is that? Probably Karma's. A part of you thought he would answer it, but he only continued to kiss you and let you unbutton his shirt so you can touch his skin. The phone soon stops ringing.

The two of you quickly forgot about the close interruption.

Then it rang for a second time, and again, the two of you ignored it. You gasp from the way he groped you.

It wasn't until the third ringing that Karma decided he can't ignore it for much longer. Whoever was trying to reach it, it was probably urgent.

Karma breaks the kiss and sighs, sounding a tad annoyed and disappointed. His shirt was already undone, and his hand was making its way to your underpants.

"Ah, geez, Give me a second." He patted your thigh and mounted off of you, taking that warmth he gave you with him.

You shared his annoyance but ultimately stayed quiet and don't force him to say.

Karma answered the phone, trying not to sound as breathless as he did.

Not wanting to continue lying there, you slowly sat up all while fixing the hem of your dress. You felt your arousal going down when the reality was slowly creeping up on you.

You flinched as the colour red covered your cheeks.

Before your confession, before the heated make-out session, you and Karma were going through a breakup. Not because he stopped having feelings for you, but because he just wants you to live normally.

In a way, your heart swells with happiness, but it also tears you. He cares for you and would rather have you live your life without him if it meant your safety.

You don't remember ever being given this amount of love before. Still, there were some things you need to be addressed before you get too caught up with these happy feelings.

You nervously and questionably glance at Karma, who hasn't noticed your eyes on him.

Does Karma still plan on breaking up with you? Confessing to him did stir something inside of him, that's for sure, but what does he plan on doing to you once his mind clears up? His reasoning for breaking off the engagement was justifiable as much as you hate to admit it. So, you can see him going through with it sooner or later, which worries you.