ꜱɪx

[Back to the present]

.

.

.

Sunghoon bit his lip, nervously tapping his shoe on the kitchen floor.

While he was waiting for Sunoo to ring his doorbell so that they could head to school, Sunghoon's parents decided to come down and sit on the couch with him.

Of course, they were too engrossed in their devices to notice his nervousness.

Sunghoon unconsciously began chewing on one of his fingernails as a way to relieve a bit of the stress and suffocation he felt around his parents.

"Son, have your grades improved?" His mother uttered, sparing him no glance.

Sunghoon gulped.

The truth was, he had been using his time to stream music rather than study due to his parents easing up a bit whenever Sunoo came by.

𝐑𝐫𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠~

Speaking of Sunoo.

Sunghoon got up from his spot on the couch, motioning towards the door to his mother. "Sunoo is here."

She nodded curtly, dismissing him.

~~~

"You're a literal live safer, Sunoo."

Sunghoon and Sunoo were walking towards their bus stop so they could head to school, their hands intertwined.

As soon as they made it to the stop, though, Sunoo detached them. Sunghoon looked towards him, confused.

"We can't hug or hold hands or anything like that if you want to keep your reputation, remember?" Sunoo giggled, smiling at him.

They both sat on the bench, a gap between them as to not make others realize that Sunghoon was much softer a person than they thought.

The boy didn't want anyone to look down on or pity him for being a softie who was going through a hard time, hence why he couldn't be touchy-touchy with Sunoo when others were around.

It didn't really disturb him though. Just being near Sunoo was enough.

He managed to get a look at Sunoo through his peripheral vision, but his little view was soon obstructed by a new figure plopping himself between the them.

"Hey Sunoo hyung, you look sexy." This male grinned.

Sunghoon snorted internally. Sexy? Sunoo? He fit more of a cute persona- but who was he to say anything. Sunoo could be sexy if he wanted to, but Sunghoon didn't really think that Sunoo's baby blue fluffy sweater would classify as sexy.

Sunoo giggled, punching the male on the shoulder. "Don't you have Jay hyung to go and torture, Niki?"

"Jungwon hyung stole him, so I'm here to flirt with you." The Niki kid said, and Sunghoon could hear the smirk in his voice while Sunoo hit him again.

"Yah, shut up. I've already rejected you like twice."

"Third time's the charm, though! And I'm always charming." He winked, and it irked Sunghoon for some reason.

He didn't really like this 'Niki' person.

The bus arrived about a minute later, and they got on.

+

Sunghoon was glaring at him.

Niki, the blonde, had made himself comfortable on the seat next to Sunoo, and for some reason Sunoo and him were being awfully cuddly. Niki's arm was around Sunoo while the boy's head lay on his shoulder. Niki had this victorious smile on his face that Sunghoon wanted to slap off of his face so badly. 

Didn't Sunoo reject this guy? Why were they so close, then?

More importantly, why did he even care? Sunoo was allowed to be touchy with however he wanted. And He was completely 100% totally okay with it,

but why with this guy in particular?

What if Sunoo caught feelings? Then he wouldn't be able to be as close to Sunoo because of relationship stuff. Wait- what if Sunoo ditched him for 'Niki'?

He couldn't let that happen.

Suddenly, Sunghoon felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Sunghoon? Snap out of it, we're at school." Sunoo sighed.

The taller stared up at Sunoo for a few seconds. He then got up and took Sunoo's hand in his, rapidly walking out of the bus.

"Wait, Sunghoon! My hand-"

"I've had a change in mind."

They were off the bus at this point, Niki waiting by the entrance of the building. Sunghoon scoffed at him before wrapping one of his arms around Sunoo's waist and then resting his head on the boy's shoulder from behind.

Niki's face fell playfully, but then he groaned. "Sunoo hyung, why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend? I've wasted all my time now." 

Sunoo's face reddened. "Oh my god-"

But then Sunghoon cut him off.

"We aren't boyfriends, we're just close friends. If you were close to any of your friends wouldn't you have skinship with them by now?" Sunghoon deadpanned, a little smirk on his lips.

Niki hesitated before huffing and running into the building.

Sunoo tried pushing Sunghoon off of himself, but to no avail.

"Sunghoon! Are you forgetting about your reputation? What if your grade starts pitying you now?" He whisper-yelled worriedly as to not attract attention.

The latter further secured his hold on Sunoo, wrapping his other arm around the boy. " Y'know, they won't pity me if I'm confident about it."

"Are you sure, though? Do you really want to?"

"Do you not want me to do anything at school or something? Because I can stop-" Sunghoon mumbled, beginning to detach himself from Sunoo.

But he was quickly stopped by Sunoo, who turned around to face him with an exasperated look on his face.

"No! I do like it, heck I wish you had gotten over your reputation thing sooner because I like being touchy with you and substituting Niki for cuddles isn't the same as cuddling you! I just want you to know what you're getting into..." He trailed off, turning around again and putting Sunghoon's arms back around himself with a red tint overtaking his cheeks.

Sunghoon was a bit surprised, and actually a little giddy to say at the least. So Niki was just Sunoo's way to compromise over not getting cuddles from himself.

At more ease now, Sunghoon pressed himself into Sunoo's back once more, his arms adjusting around the smaller's waist a bit before letting his head sink back into the boy's shoulder. 

Sunghoon's heart was going wild, and he just prayed that Sunoo wouldn't focus on his heartbeat. On the outside, though, a grin was plastered onto his face as they entered the school building.

~~~

Here's some jealous Sunghoon for the soul :p

- Abby <33