ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

Throughout the school day, Sunoo couldn't help but keep a toothy smile on his face.

It was not because of the fact that he had free period, nor was it because of Niki's attempts at flirting with him. The key to the reason why he was smiling so much laid in the hands of Park Sunghoon, and his rapidly increasing clinginess with Sunoo.

Be it impromptu hand-holding or hugging in the hallways, or just catching the elder male staring at him; Anything that involved Sunghoon made Sunoo's eyes crescent happily. All of those things that Sunghoon was doing to Sunoo- they just couldn't be because they were friends.

Kim Sunoo merely sat there in his seat during lunch period, not even bothering to hold his chopsticks to his mouth as he stared off into the distance drunkenly. His facial features would contort to form a sort of sappy expression, a hand on his cheek as he closed his eyes and basked in his happy memories.

"Yah, what's wrong with him?"

"Shh, he's dreaming about his lover boy senior~"

The voices of his peers instantly snapped Sunoo out of his daze, looking forward to see one of his friends, Seeun, staring at him with an amused smile. Next to her, who had spoken before- and still had a look of disgust on her face-was another one of the boy's friends, Yuna.

"Am not! He's not mine anyways..." Sunoo whined, trailing off as he slumped his head onto the lunch table in defeat. 

Seeun snorted, reaching across the table to ruffle the hopeless boy's hair. "Not yet, he isn't. But I swear to god, the way you talk about your interactions makes me feel like he definitely likes you back."

A slight blush scattered across Sunoo's cheeks, the smile he didn't want to show immediately forming upon his lips.

Because Seeun was right, in a way. If Sunghoon had been consistently returning his affection, knowing the two of them were gay, then there had to be something more than just a casual 'friendship' between them. The chances of Sunghoon liking him back were definitely not low.

Yuna groaned, stabbing her cafeteria food with her fork and bringing Sunoo back to the room. "I really don't understand what the hype is behind your senior dude. We haven't even seen him and you talk like he's some prince! Men are overrated anyways, ah, really!"

"Sunghoon isn't overrated!" Sunoo protested,  grabbing Yuna's arm from the side and staring passionately. "He's literally so hot, firstly- I only didn't let you guys see him because you'd spill everything to him and that would be a disaster. Secondly, he is the absolute most marshmallow-like tender person I have ever met! He's gentle, and kind, and pretty, and-"

Seeun shoved a carrot stick into the argumentative boy's mouth before he could defend his crush any more, sighing tiredly. "We know, Sun. Yuna is just a raging lesbian with no trust in guys she doesn't know personally, don't worry about defending your man in front of her. We all know she would say the same about-" 

Yuna scoffed in interruption, folding her arms. "You wouldn't catch me dead simping over another human being."

"Look, there's Ryujin unnie in a crop top!"

This mere sentence threw Yuna into a frenzy, the girl's eyes widening as she shot up from the table, immediately looking forward manically- not to mention fixing her hair at the same time. "Is my hair okay? Do you think she'd let me touch her abs?!"

Sunoo and Seeun immediately began laughing, Yuna only five seconds later realizing she had been set up. 

"You do not play with a girl's heart like that," the junior groaned, sitting down dramatically and cursing. "Ryujin unnie doesn't count! She's a fucking goddess."

Seeun chuckled, receiving a high-five from Sunoo as they continued to giggle. "Gay ass."

++

The last bell rung for the day, Sunoo being surrounded by his group of friends as per usual. They were hanging out right then in the hallway; him, Jungwon, Jay, Seeun, Yuna, and one or two of their classmates. Other students that stopped by to hear in on their conversation crowded from both sides of their small group. but Sunoo didn't mind the larger company.

Despite the gloomy atmosphere of the hallway, the boy was having a good time joking around with his friends. It seemed as if a new energy had entered the building and brightened it. Currently, Jungwon and Jay were getting a recap of Yuna's little scene in the cafeteria.

Jay laughed aloud, clamping his mouth shut after realizing he was being a tad bit too loud. Following his quick set of actions was the laughter of the surrounding group, a snort coming out of Sunoo's mouth as well. "That's a beautiful laugh right there, Jay hyung." Sunoo giggled, hushed laughs being covered up by students as Jay playfully rolled his eyes.

Jay looked towards Sunoo to answer, but then looked to the hallway, discarding his answer and taking Jungwon by the wrist.

Sunoo raised an eyebrow. "What, hyung?"

"Nothing, I actually just remembered me and 'won take the early bus home..."

Jungwon looked towards Jay with an 'Are you mad?' look, Sunoo quite obviously noticing the failed fib his hyung had tried to pass as truth.

The laughter had become more hushed from their small crowd, making the junior question the scenario all the more. What had happened?

He looked towards Seeun, biting his lip and whispering, "Hey, what happened? Did everyone find out that in Extraordinary You, Haru didn't remember-"

Someone cleared their throat, immediately stopping Sunoo mid-sentence. The voice was familiar, and instantly brought color to the boy's cheeks as his lips tilted up in a smile. He turned around, looking up with bright eyes.

"Sunghoon hyung, what are you doing here? This isn't the senior building..."