ᴛᴡᴏ

Was drowning.

Sunghoon heard 3 light knocks on his door, and instantly got up from his position, running to his room door in desperation. As he opened the door, Sunghoon was immediately pushed back into his room and enveloped in a hug. His body immediately relaxed into the hug, as he leaned into the smaller boy, burying his face in the latter's shoulder. 

"You didn't text me, so I came to see if you were okay." Sunoo said softly, tracing circles into Sunghoon's back.

"She was doing it again."

"Comparing you to Seon Hyung?"

"Why can't she just understand, Sunoo..." Sunghoon hiccupped. Tears welled up in his eyes, and he pulled away from Sunoo in an instant, violently rubbing them away.

"Fuck, why am I such a crybaby- I'm a wuss, aren't I? I need to toughen up, god damn it!" He continued, hands finding their way back to his head.

But before he could tug on his hair, his hands met another pair.

Delicate but firm hands that belonged to Sunoo, who was bringing Sunghoon's arms away from his scalp. 

"Hoonie, it's the brave people that cry. Your parents are pieces of shit, got that? You don't need to toughen up, Sunghoon. It's them who need to chill out and relax. You're doing so well, you're trying, aren't you?" Sunoo asked with a smile, trying to cup Sunghoon's face with his own small hands. Sunghoon nodded, feigning an innocent puppy's stare as his arms unconsciously snaked around Sunoo's waist.

Sunoo sent him another reassuring smile.

"That's all that matters, then. Progress is progress. You have done more than others, who just give up. And for that, you deserve a treat. What do you wanna do?" 

Sunghoon pulled Sunoo down onto the couch in his room, bringing out his laptop and quietly searching for a movie. Sunoo got up for a minute, searching around Sunghoon's room for a cozy blanket. He brought the blanket down to rest over Sunghoon's and his legs, and then Sunghoon pulled the boy close to himself. He looked at Sunoo with a light smile, then turning on the movie he had chosen.

In only 30 minutes, Sunoo had gotten pulled into the movie's plot, giggling and making comments here and there to Sunghoon halfheartedly. Sunghoon's focus swerved from the movie to a movie-engulfed Sunoo.

His eyes were shining as he kept pointing things out, and his mouth hanging open occasionally, when the plot thickened.

Just like that, Sunghoon hadn't even realized it, but he didn't think about his parents, or any of his worries. His mind was filled with the angel sitting next to him. Suddenly, Sunoo turned around to look at Sunghoon, and was surprised to see him staring back with a lovely grin.

"Keep your eyes on the movie! I'm gonna get embarrassed, stop~" Sunoo whined, covering his face. Sunghoon chuckled, leaning on the boy and unpausing the movie.

The movie soon ended, leaving both of the boys in a comfortable silence.

"Sunoo?"

"Yes?"

'I don't know what I would do without you.'

"Thanks."

~~~ 

Here's some context:

Sunghoon and Sunoo are close friends and neighbours, which is why Sunoo is well acquainted with Mrs. Park and why Sunghoon is so vulnerable/open to Sunoo.

A reminder that things in '___' are thoughts. Meaning that everything '___' is one of Sunghoon's thoughts, which he has trouble conveying aloud.

- Abby <33