Keep Going

<A/N> It is 12:05 on Monday morning where I am and I am so sorry I am 5 min late with this update. It took me forever but I wanted to get it out for you. This is a Sam heavy chapter but we love him so it's all good. Also, I am already planning the next chapter so I hope that one is out on schedule because I have an exciting character to introduce in Step 11! Enjoy!

"Buck! BUCKY! Come on man we gotta go!" A blurry figure was yelling at a sleeping Bucky standing next to his bed. A shadow was looming over the man who was backlit from the closet light that shone behind him.

"The fuck Sam?" Bucky could recognize that pain in the asses voices anywhere.

"We got a location on Zemo. We gotta get to Buffalo like now man." The urgency in his voice was not letting up and Buck knew he had to move quickly.

He jumped up and noticed that Sam was already fully geared up and ready to go. He walked into the closet and started removing the clothes he had been wearing. He threw his discarded t-shirt into his hamper covering your pajamas that he'd tossed in there earlier.

He came back after kicking you out and saw your clothes sitting in the middle of the floor. Noting you took his shirt when you left. When he moved them earlier it made him mad, another one of your fucking messes he had to clean up. Seeing them now, even though it had just been a few hours, he felt a bit sad.

He clipped a knife to his cargo pants and thought about if he should go tell you goodbye. He didn't know when he would be back, and there was always that looming thought that he may not come back. They had a location on Zemo though and he didn't have time. Plus he figured you wouldn't even care to see him. He knew you did your best, he knew his outburst was unjustified but he was also not ready to make nice. You had presented as so sweet and innocent always playing the victim, it irritated him that you had been keeping this secret from him. He just needed some more time.

Zipping his leather jacket all the way up covering the white muscle shirt underneath he walked out of the closet boots in hand. He sat on the bed putting on the socks and slipping on his shoes before standing. He gave Sam a nod indicating he was ready to go.

---------------------

The location had been a train traveling across the state and unfortunately, the train had left the station before the soldiers arrived. Flying with both arms attached to Sam was not Bucky's idea of a good time but they were running slim on choices. The Falcon had the ability to fucking fly and be a badass. Thanks to T'challa, Sam had been upgraded to vibranium wings, they were lighter and could cut through any surface with ease including the air. All Bucky had was his strength and his fucking arm.

Flying to catch the train and dangling from Sam's arms making them look like some giant metal dragonfly was irritating but they were up shit's creek without a paddle. Collectively had been through much worse so neither one of them audibly complained. When Sam landed Bucky's legs on the train followed by his own they both crouched down to their knees bracing themselves with their hands.

"Alright, let's get in there, Sam."

"Give me a minuet will ya?"

"We don't have time for that we-"

"Dude I've been carrying you for the last 20 minutes. Unlike you, Barnes my arms are just flesh and blood."

"Right, sorry. If it's any consolation your hands were gentile."

"You always gotta make it weird huh?" Bucky laughed as Sam caught his breath.

The men jumped down landing outside a door leading into the first train car. They figured Zemo would be in disguise so finding him would take a little bit of detective work. Bucky took the lead walking down the aisle of the train car with Sam hot on his tail. They scanned the car looking for any obvious masks or familiar faces. Bucky had been looking over to his left when he felt a nudge on his right. He turned to see an elderly woman he had bumped into, walking down the thin walkway heading in the opposite direction of the men.