Step 2

Your hold on Bucky got tighter as he sped down the road. You were leaving the city and from what you could tell he was heading upstate. You tried to read the signs but your head was far too clouded to read at the speed Bucky was driving. You tried hard to focus on the ride you were on, being present and mindful in the moment as to not overthink the fucked up shit that had occurred today all before 3 PM.

You noticed the vibration of the bike, the sound of the engine rumbling, the air that would gust up as you passed other vehicles. You focused on the smell of gas and oil burning on the highway, the way Bucky's hair was tickling your face as his body was pressed against you. The way your arms felt holding his waist, the smell of leather from his jacket that wafted up as you placed your head down between his shoulders to block your eyes from stinging in the wind.

The biggest distraction, however, was the way his body would lean with the motorcycle when he would change lanes. His midsection would flex and you could feel his muscles contract in different places around your arms. You felt your body instinctively move with his, forcing your hands to stay locked together when really you just wanted to rub up and down the expanse of his body. It was very, very distracting. 

When Bucky's speed started to slow he pulled off the highway and rode down a few small-town roads. The movement of his turns was larger than the ones he made just switching lanes and you weren't sure if he could hear the moans you were trying desperately to stifle. After a while, he turned down a dirt road and you felt your breathing pick up.

The ride was ending, which meant you would have to face the reality of your situation. No longer could the Tin soldier's body be your primary thought. You would get answers you weren't sure you were at all prepared for. Relive the sight of a boy throwing around combatively trained grown men. Everyone in your office was killed the day you called out, why were the Captains America knocked the fuck out in your living room? Your head started to haze again and your neck felt like gravity had started to push a little too hard on your skull.

The chainlink fence swung open as Bucky stopped. He sat waiting until it was open all the way, his right foot left the pedal to prop the bike up and keep you both steady. You watched the way his thigh pulled against his black pants. Too soon he started roaring down the dusty road again.

When he turned at the top of the hill you saw nestled down in the valley a compound. There were several buildings tucked into the side of the hills making it near impossible to see them from the sky. A great way to camouflage the home of the remaining Avengers. He drove down until the hill sloped and his bike was winding under one of the structures over paved concrete where there were several other vehicles parked along the walls. He killed the engine and held the bike steady as you got off.

When you stood you could still feel the lasting vibration between your legs, Bucky saw you fumbling as you were getting your footing so he grabbed your arm until you were more sure of your stance. By the time you unhooked the chin strap and removed the helmet Bucky was off the bike waiting for you. He held his arms out in case your body began to fumble again but you inhaled deeply and pushed your shoulders down before you started walking.

When he pushed open a door you felt a chill run down your spine. It was much cooler down here than it was on the bike. Even with the wind blowing your skin was still under the sun, this was underground and not nearly as warm. You followed him quietly through industrial underground hallways until he reached a door that he opened and allowed you to walk through first.

When you entered the space it threw you off a bit. It was as if you'd just walked into someones living space rather than stepping into a bunker. The room was a good size and you could see a seating area that looked like it was set up for more than just a single-family. It reminded you of the rec rooms they have in downtown apartments that no one ever really uses but the owners put in so they can upcharge the rent.