Step 19

You'd woken with a swollen face your place on the floor where you landed causing a stiff pain to radiate down your back. The pounding in your head was amplified by the pounding at your door, the fact that it hadn't been open meant it wasn't Bucky, which just added to the irritation of your existence. You let out a long groan as you stood walking to the urgent knocking.

"I'm fucking coming!" You grabbed one of Bucky's hoodies that was hung by the door pulling it over your body, trying to hide just how disheveled you were. You placed the hood over your head covering the state of your hair after having cried into it for hours and hours. Nat stood there with her arms crossed against her chest. "What's happening?"

"We found him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Six fucking months ago if someone told you that you would either be in love with James Barnes or boarding a quinjet to go on a mission with the Avengers you would have believed the Bucky thing first. Now you were in a very strange and unfamiliar life where you were living both those lives simultaneously. Natasha had made you change into some very rediculous looking white suit that was somehow flattering even though it was skin tight and uncomfortable as all get out.

"Why am I going with you? I'm not super and I don't know how to work this suit even if it has special powers."

"Hydra has him, which means they might have the soldier. You were the only one to get him to break."

"Yeah, but that was after like weeks of trying to break him from it and then he almost killed me." For superheros they weren't very smart.

"We think the way you said his name broke him out," Sam said.

"Okay, so you want a voice recording or something?"

"No, we don't know if that would be strong enough and we don't want to lose her again. She's pulling the strings on everything. If we are going to bring her in we need all the help we can get."

"Okay, well I've seen Scooby-Doo. When you bring someone who can't defend themselves you end up in a hostage situation."

"That's where the suit comes in. We have an agent in our ear that knows how to activate the suit in case you need it. He's remotely controlling you."

"Like a fucking hot wheels? Great." You rolled your eyes feeling the sarcasm run through you.

"It's more advanced than that."

"Really? Because it doesn't fucking sound like it."

"You know we won't let anything happen to you," Sam said trying to shift your focus.

"Right, just how you weren't supposed to let anything happen to Bucky?" Sam gave you a warning look trying to hold you off of your threats.

When the quinjet landed you watched Nat and Sam walk out the back, wordlessly you followed. You weren't sure if you were supposed to follow them or stay put. In an effort to let them keep up that superhero thing where they act instead of communicating you followed. It didn't look as cool when they had to give verbal instructions. You shrugged it off. Looking around the open desert your eyes caught a 50's style diner that hung off the side of an interstate.

"We came out here to get food?" You asked watching a pot-bellied man exit the diner heading to his truck in the parking lot.

"No," Nat answered looking down at the phone in her hand. "She's here." Your brow rose in surprise watching Sam's expression match yours, Nat was stone as always leading the three of you through the front door. Sure Falcon boy and whatever kind of white which you were supposed to be would really help you blend in this group.