Chapter 11 - The First Task

Hey loves. We hit 200 reads, I can't believe this. Only a few chapters ago I was saying how we have 100 and now 200? Thank you all so much you guys seriously don't know how much this means. 🤍

I'm sorry this chapter is out later today I've been very busy. Anyways enjoy <3

It's been a few weeks and the first task was a few days away.

To say I was nervous was an understatement.

We had been able to figure out that the first task was going to be dragons. It took a little bit of fear away from me because me and Harry are great on brooms.

The next few days flew in, but I wish they didn't.

It was the morning of the final task.

Oh shit

Me and Harry had gotten up at 6am to meet up with Dumbledore and the other competitors.

Once we got there I saw Cedric. We had gotten very close during these few weeks.

"Hey y/n" he said

"He Ced" we both looked at each other for a bit until Harry did an awkward cough to remind us he was still there.

"Oh, hi Harry" Cedric said

"Hello Cedric."

Then Fleur, Krum and Dumbledore came in.

He started explaining the order of who's going out and all of that stuff.

I was going last

And I was shitting myself.

Me and Harry were in the tent waiting for our turn when someone whispered threw the wall to us

"Harry, y/n psst." Said the voice

Then all of a sudden Ron and Hermione popped out.

Hermione engulfed Harry in a hug when Ron came over to me and did the same.

I was slightly taken aback by this action but it comforted me for a second.

"I'm sorry" he spoke in to the crook of my neck "I'm nervous for you."

We finally let go and I said to him "it's okay, Ron. Me and Harry can do this."

He gave me a smile until him and Hermione were hurried out by Dumbledore.

Hermione gave me a quick hug before leaving whispering to me "love you"

"I love you too 'mione" I said back

Fleur went first, then Krum, then Cedric then Harry.

It was my turn.

I walked out and clutched onto my broom, then took off.

I heard cheering from the Gryfindor stand.

As soon as I flew out the dragon lunged at me.

I swerved out of the way

After a painful 10 minutes of blocking the dragon I finally got the egg and made my way back down to the tent.

"That was amazing y/n!" Harry said happily but more relieved I was safe.

"Thanks Harry you did great too" I said bringing him into a hug.

"Oh yeah and y/n"

"Yes?"

"Were all having a celebration in the Gryfindor common room. Make sure your there."

"Ok, I will."