Chapter Six: Gaining Faith

Mario sat there in his jail cell.  He had been there for days now.  Mario thought that he would go insane, but he needed to keep his thoughts in tact.  He needed to find a way out of the darned prison now or else terrible things would happen.

        So, he sat there on the wooden bed.  He put his fingers up to his mouth and was whistling, trying to make it sound like a harmonica.  He knew the typical prison stereotypes, so he was trying to follow them to blend in.

        Mario looked up as he was attempting (but failing) his whistling harmonica.  Captain Falcon had been gone for a while.  He hadn't seen him for a few hours.  He said he was conferencing with the "real" Mario.  Mario was trying to think of a way to escape in this time, but none came to mind.

        Suddenly, Captain Falcon came into appearance.  He had just come down the stairs, looking more ferocious than Mario had ever seen him: past, present, or future.  He then grabbed the bars and peeked his head in the cell, with his teeth gritted.

        "Cut the crap, Mario!" Captain Falcon exclaimed.

        Mario jumped out of his wooden bed.  "What do you a-mean?"

   "You know exactly what I mean, fatty!" Captain Falcon responded.  "I was talking with the real Mario and he told me how you lied.  I swear I will get the truth out of you, or I will kill you and say you killed yourself.

        Mario's eyes widened.  he walked closer to Captain Falcon.  "I've a-told all I could."

        Then, Captain Falcon ferociously shook the bars, making Mario step back.  "Don't you dare lie to me! You are an evil man!"

        Mario was now angered himself.  "You are a cowardly a-man!"

        Captain Falcon stopped shaking the bars and his face went straight.  He seemed calmer, but it was very uneasy.  He looked like he was about to say something, but he didn't.  He turned around in his guarding position and said one word.  "How?"

        "It's a-obvious, isn't it?" Mario answered.  "You let...a-Mario beat you around.  You a-do whatever he says.  There was a-no reason you had to leave a-me during the interrogation.  You should be out there a-fighting, but Mario pens you in a-here with me."

        There was a long silence.  Captain Falcon just stood there, silent.  Mario slowly backed up and sat back on the wood.  He was about to try more harmonic whistling, but he finally spoke.

        "You're right," Captain Falcon said.

        Mario got back up.  "Excuse a-me?"

        "You're right," Captain Falcon repeated.  "He pushes me around, and I just let him do it."  More silence, but this one seemed less natural.  He spoke again.  "How do you know so much about us."

        "Uh..." Mario stuttered.  "I just a-know facial expressions."

        Then, for the first time, Mario saw Captain Falcon smile.  "I may have been wrong about you," Captain Falcon realized.  "The others may have been wrong about you, but you're not bad at all."

        "Then you can a-let me out?" Mario hinted.

        "Even though I won't let Mario push me around, I still have a sense of honor," Captain Falcon answered.  "I can't let you out."

        Mario put his head down.  Then, he realized something.  He had finally gained the trust of Captain Falcon.  Now, he may be able to work his way out, even he he wasn't able to now.

        "I know your real name isn't Mario, so what is it?" Captain Falcon inquired.

        Drat! Mario thought.  he had gained his trust, but not that much.  He couldn't just tell him Mario, so he had to say something else.

        "Just a-call me Giuseppe." 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Be sure to vote and comment on the chapter and subscribe to my account. Don't forget to come back for chapter seven!