Secret

Weeks had passed now, and you began to assist Remus in classes again, occasionally stealing small glances at each other.

Everything was back to normal again. Well.. Except for the fact that a mass murderer was still on the loose. The encounter with Black was one of the things that bothered you, but you hadn't told anyone.

You were sitting in the courtyard with the Weasley twins who were rambling about a devilish prank they had planned.

"Do you think you could sneak into the kitchens?" George smirked at you.

"No, I'm not permitted to go in."

He and Fred sighed sadly.

"But I know someone who can." You raised an eyebrow.

They shot their heads up, "That house elf of yours!" Fred jumped up.

"Genius! He'll fit right in." George pulled a large sack from his robes pocket and handed it to you.

"The large dinner they have planned. Get that house elf to sneak into the kitchen and put those into the Slytherins punch." Fred motioned towards the sack as he spoke.

You opened it and peered inside. Puking Pastiles. You looked up at them with wide eyes. This was probably going to be their best prank of the year. You didn't want to get involved, but you couldn't say no to their puppy dog eyes.

You sighed as you placed the sack into your satchel, "You both owe me."

They nodded excitedly as you walked off.

It was a Saturday, therefore you had nowhere to be, so you spent your time at home with Salby and Onyx. Occasionally, Remus would come visit to spend time with you. You were still very confused about the kiss. Did he like you? If he didn't why would he kiss you?

At exactly 10:00am on Saturday while Remus was over, you spotted Black, or rather his animagus, peering inside from the window.

Remus placed his hand on yours and rubbed circles on your palm as he talked about patronus'.

"What's your patronus?" He said, pulling you into his lap as you both sat on the couch.

"A wolf." You buried your head into the crook of his neck as he caressed your hair, "What's yours?"

There was a small pause before he spoke, "A wolf.."

You stared into space for a moment, before nodding and closing your eyes.

Remembering the fact that Black had just been spying on you moments before, you removed your head from the crook of Remus' neck and peered at the window. No Black.

You sighed and placed your head back, leaving a small peck on Remus' neck. This caused a small flicker of excitement in him that you felt from beneath you. You peered up at Remus and raised an eyebrow teasingly.

He smirked and was about to say something, when Salby ran inside, panting.

" Put.. Pastiles.." He said trying to catch his breath.

You got up from Remus' lap and ran to the window, peering at the castle, "I didn't think you'd actually do it!"

"Well Y/n did order me to. Is that not what Y/n meant? Salby can go fix it." Salby turned to the door.

You ran up to him, "No! Thank you though."

He nodded and flopped onto the couch next to Remus. You followed and laid down with your head on Remus' lap. He leaned back and fell into a calm sleep.