Returning Home

Your legs felt strained from sitting down for so long, but that wasn't what you were thinking about. The professor was, Lupin was his name? For some reason, he was all you could think about.. The way he looked at you. You'd never felt this way before, and you were very confused. However the train came to a slow stop, you were home. Ella and Anna jumped out of their seats.
      "We'll see you when we get sorted, y/n!" Ella said as her and Anna walked out.

     You immediately got up and stretched.
     "Hey, professor y/l/n."
You turned around to see who it was,
"Dean! Oh and Seamus, it's great to see you two!" You smiled softly at them.

"Great to see you too, we heard there's a new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, is that true?" Seamus peeked over Deans' shoulder.

A new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor? Could it be..?
"I'm not too sure, you two should be headed down, don't be late!"

Dean and Seamus scurried away. You wanted to avoid any thoughts about that new professor, or more so the feeling that came along with them. You grabbed your case and headed down the train. You spotted two boys still on the train, one with pale skin and pushed back, blonde hair, the other with dark skin, like chocolate, and black hair. You knew these two boys, although you liked one more than the other.

"Blaise, wonderful to see you." You smiled as he reached over and gave you a tight hug.

"Malfoy." You gave a slight nod, as to agknowlage him.

"Professor Y/L/N." He didn't look at you but also gave a slight nod.

"You two wouldn't want to be late, come with me to the Great Hall" You said as they grabbed their cases and followed after you.

You had taken your seat at the front table, along with the other teachers, but who had you been placed next to? Professor Lupin.

He glanced at you, "Hello, I'm Professor Remus Lupin. Who might you be?" He said with a soft tone, while smiling.

"..I'm professor Y/N Y/L/N. You'd be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor I'm guessing?" You started to let your guard down a bit.

"Why, yes. I've heard quite a bit about the last professor, Gilderoy Lockhart was he?"

"Yes, but trust me, anyone is better than him. I'm sure you'll do an amazing job."

You'd stopped talking because Dumbledore had stepped up. You'd always admired professor Dumbledore's work, and wished to be like him in the future, so you'd always go silent when you felt like he was about to speak.

He started, "Welcome, welcome to another year at Hogwarts!"

Remus nudged your arm, "Has the school changed much? It's been quite a long time since I've been here."

You shook your head no, not even bothering to look at him. Most people didn't dare speak while professor Dumbledore was speaking. Remus focused back on professor Dumbledore as he continued speaking.

"Now I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feasts. First, I'm pleased to welcome professor R.J. Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck professor!" He motioned his hand back towards Remus.

He stood and bowed, as the room erupted, the children and professors clapping, to welcome Remus. You looked over to your other side to see professor snape looking a bit more angered than usual. This made you let out a small chuckle. Severus shot a sharp glance at you, causing you to look away, but still smirking.

You had looked over just as Hagrid was standing up. You'd already been told that he was going to be taking over the post of Care of Magical Creatures teacher, and you were most excited to assist him, as you'd always loved magical creatures.

Dumbledore continued, "Finally on a more disquieting note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will until further notice play host to the dementors of Azkaban. Until such a time Sirius Black is captured."

He took a pause as the room erupted into faint whispers. You glanced at Remus next to you, his face had gone completely pale. Dumbledore had continued speaking but for the first time in your whole life, you weren't paying attention to what he was saying, it was the look on Remus' face that had disturbed you. You snapped back into reality and went back to listening.

"..But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only  remembers to turn on the light."

You nodded at this, and pulled out a small notepad. You always had a notepad ready to write down things that Dumbledore said, even if they seemed a bit confusing at times.

You looked over at Remus, "Wise man, isn't he?"

Remus eyes widened, as if he didn't expect you to speak to him, "Yes, very. He helped me a lot when I was attending Hogwarts as a student."

You nodded in agreement.

Dumbledore started again, "I would also like to announce that we have two transfer students, coming from Ilvermorny. They will be sorted now." Ella and Anna stepped up. Both their faces were a bit pale, and were a bit stiff, but they lightened when they spotted you at the table. You smiled and gave a slight nod.

professor Mcgonagall stood and walked to the front of the table, placing a small wooden stool, "Ella Griffin, please take a seat."

Ella rushed over and took a seat. Professor Mcgonagall placed the sorting hat on her head, "Ah!" The sorting hat exclaimed. "Yes.. I see! Ravenclaw!"

The Ravenclaw table erupted in cheers. You had just started to remember the day that you'd been sorted, it'd taken at least 6 minutes to decide whether to place you in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, but had ended up deciding on Gryffindor. That was also the day that you met Bill Weasley, one of your best friends.

"Anna Griffin." Professor Mcgonagall called.

Anna scurried nervously to the stool and the sorting hat started rambling, "Ah! Yes, I see.." It took a very long pause, then continued on, "Yes... So I see! Gryffindor!" The sorting hat shouted, causing the Gryffindor table to erupt with cheers and claps. After both Ella and Anna had taken a seat, a wonderful feast of golden brown turkey, fluffy mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, porkchop, toast with marmalade, treacle tart and at least 5 different types of cakes appeared on the tables. You had had similar dinners in the past but somehow, it still amazed you.

You had cut a small piece of turkey, a large scoop of mashed potatoes, treacle tart, and a small amount of Yorkshire pudding. Remus had been talking with professor Trelawney, and you had been reading a book that you'd brought from Romania about dragons. Time flew by fairly quickly, and you'd finished your meal. Everyone began leaving the Great Hall and heading to their dorms, except you, Remus, professor Snape and proffesor Mcgonagall. Both professor Snape and Mcgonagall were making their way out when you looked up at Remus as you were placing your book into your satchel. He gave you a small smile, and you realized that his cheeks were a bit red, but you smiled back as he turned and walked down the tables and out the door.

You looked down at what was supposed to be your empty plate, but saw a small piece of milk chocolate.