another letter

"What was that about?" Remus raised his eyebrow at Ron who was scurrying away.

".. Nothing."

Remus gave you a confused look but walked off and took a seat on top of his desk.

You followed, and he lifted you up onto his lap, as he rested his chin on your head.

"Darling?" You felt his chest vibrate as he spoke.

You hummed in response.

"Is something on your mind?"

You looked up at him and smiled.

"Would you like to accompany me to The Burrow for Christmas time?"

He looked down at you and let out a large, genuine smile, "Of course."

You leaned up and placed a small kiss on his cheek, before getting up and preparing for the next class.

The day flew by very quickly, as you daydreamed about how magical Christmas felt every year at The Burrow.

Ron was very eager to get the week over, and to start heading home for the holidays.

Everyone was going Christmas shopping for friends and family. Including you.

***
(one month later)

You were finally cleared of all your work, and finally had time to go Christmas shopping.

You often went shopping alone, but now Salby insisted that he come with you. He didn't give you a chance to respond before grabbing a tattered jacket and stepping out into the snow, that covered him up to the chin.

You thought about bringing Onyx, but she hissed at the snow that piled up in front of the door.

{What you were wearing}

Salby said that he had to stop by the post office in Hogsmeade to retrieve a few items that his original master had sent

You were confused as to why he didn't just send them by owl, but you didn't question Salby, as he would probably come up with an excuse that was far from believable.

Whilst Salby was getting the post, you were going to be shopping for all the Weasley's, Remus, and Sirius.

You felt bad for Sirius, as he hadn't had a true Christmas in 12 years. This made you wish you could bring him along, but the Weasley's had a strong hatred for him, from what they had heard at the ministry.

You spotted Honey Dukes and walked in.

There was so many people inside, that you basically had to slide against the wall to get to the chocolate.