What are we?

A few weeks had passed and second exams were waiting to be graded as you stressfully made your way to the D.A.D.A classroom.

Not much had happened in the past weeks, other than Trelawney predicting another students death that most likely wouldn't happen.

She was a peculiar woman. When you were in seventh year, she predicted your death through tea leaves. The so called "Grim" Was in your cup and she caused a scene. But very clearly, you hadn't died. You believed that it was just a bunch of baloney.

Despite the stress you were under, you smiled brightly at Remus as you entered the classroom and grabbed a large stack of parchments that you were to grade. 

"Morning." Remus stated in what sounded like an annoyed tone.

You furrowed your eyebrows, "What's got you in a knot?"

"Nothing." He slammed the book he was holding on the desk, causing you to jump.

"Blimley." You whispered to yourself under your breath as you sat on the windowsill and began grading.

There was a long pause. You could feel Remus looking at you from the other side of the room. You didn't return his glance, you were much more focused on getting the parchments graded. The only noise in the room was the scratching of your quill scribbling down the grades.

He made his way over to you and plopped himself beside you.

"Sorry.."

You glanced up at him, finally getting to examine his features throughly. He had dark circles under his eyes, and looked rather pale.

"Remus you're sick!" You placed down the parchments

"Gee, thanks." He smiled sheepishly.

"I didn't mean it like that.." You turned a bit red.

"Severus has offered to make me a potion to restore me to my usual self." He smirked.

"Very well.. I need to go check on-" You were cut off by Harry bursting through the doors.

Hermione and Ron followed behind him, who were both staring angrily at each other.

Harry walked up awkward to you and handed you a slip of paper. You unfolded it to see the permission slip to go to Hogsmeade.

Harry pointed at the empty line at the very bottom, "Will you sign this?"

You glared up at him, "Sorry Harry, only a parent or gaurdian can sign. Ask Mcgonagall if she'd let you slide."

Ron marched up, "Harry had asked Mcgonagall and she said the same thing!"

"I'm sure it's for the best." Remus said awkwardly.

Ron grunted and followed Harry and Hermione who'd walked out.

There was a long, painful silence before Ron slipped back into the room, "You do remember that Bill is off work for now?"

You nodded.

"He'd like for you to come visit durring Christmas time." He rolled back on his heels and turned back around to catch up with Harry and Hermione.

You looked back at Remus, "I'd better get home."

He nodded and waved goodbye.

It was a nice and peaceful day at the castle, seeing that most of the students were at Hogsmeade.

You creaked open the door to see Sirius chasing Salby around the couch, who was carrying a scone. Sirius lunged at him and stuffed the scone into his mouth.