Mick Schumacher - Perfect Strangers

" You okay alone? I have to go but wouldn't want to bore you with press events. " Seb turned to me after talking to Britta for a little, while I watched the mechanics tend to his car in the garage. " You can stay here, I'm sure no one minds the company. " He added, sending me a little smile, making me nod.

" Yeah, I would probably get lost anyways if I went out there. " I let out a laugh, staying in my seat next to the engineers as he gave me a quick hug and then left the garage, following Britta who was already telling him everything he needed to know. Today was the second time I met her, but I still liked her calm, collected demeanor and energy. I could see why Seb was so content about working with her for the past years.

While they were gone I watched as the team got ready for FP1 and the camera crews walked around the paddock, catching drivers for interviews and capturing moments for interludes they will have during the coverage of the practice rounds on TV. I was more familiar with watching the practices, qualis and races on TV than attending them, even though I would have had the chance to do so. Sebastian was a great friend of my dad, making him like an honorary uncle or godfather to me when I was a bit older and spent quite some time with him and Hana. I even looked after Emilie when they had somewhere to go and were sure I won't put him in danger. We were lucky that I was trustworthy from a really young age, meaning they could trust me with him as soon as he was fine without Hana being there for a few hours. There wasn't an occasion when I would have rejected babysitting the young Vettels.

" Can I get a coffee from somewhere? " I turned to Seb's engineer when I saw he wasn't occupied with something else. I really didn't want to bother them as they were doing an important job here. At the same time, I needed directions not to get lost around the paddocks.

" Of course. They have different kinds in the canteen. But we have a machine here too, if that's enough for you. " He pointed at a door in the hallway, making me follow his finger with my gaze. " It's the staff room, but driver guests are welcome to use it. " He added with a smile which I returned, thanking him before standing up.

Inside the room I could easily spot the machine that was already going with a cup under it, slowly being filled with the dark liquid. While it finished up I took another cup and a capsule from the holder on the counter. When the machine turned off I quickly changed out the empty capsule and also the cup from it, putting it to the side. I was sure someone would come back for it later. Sure enough, just when the machine finished my coffee the door behind me opened. I was just looking for some sugar and creamer, not really paying attention to my surroundings, and jumping a little when someone greeted me. Turning back immediately my eyes met with a boy, who was around my age and I could recognise him as Mick. Probably anyone would have recognised him.

" Sorry, didn't want to scare you. " He let out a chuckle, stepping to the counter next to me. " Was this under the machine? " He asked me pointing at the mug that I put to the side.

" Yes. Hope you don't mind me taking it out. " I smiled at him stepping to my own cup and adding a bit of sugar and cream into it. " Sugar? " I asked him, handing the container to him when he nodded a little. I took a sip from it, to make sure it had enough of everything, before turning to the room.

" You're Y/N, right? " He asked and although I nodded as an answer, I couldn't help surprise getting onto my face. It wasn't shocking that people knew his name and almost anything about him, but I couldn't tell the same about me. " Seb talks quite a lot about you. At least once every weekend. Also, I think we met before already. " He explained, making me sigh and hide my face in my palm a little.

" Never thought I would be a topic for Seb to mention all the time. " I shook my head, leaving the room when he was ready and we went back to the garage together. " Hope he only said good things about me. Although I'm pretty sure he probably embarrassed me already, even without me coming to races. " I let out a sigh entering the garage and sitting down on my previous spot.