Daniel Ricciardo - Baby Badger Prequel

Brand new and parent-to-bes' first worries are usually how they will cope with their new roles and how they will also fit into it without much practice. Luckily I couldn't say that we were one of those people. Dan had his nephew to train himself on, while I always spent a few months of my spring and summer helping out in children camps. When we realised I was pregnant, thanks to all these opportunities to get ourselves used to caring for children, fear never found a place in our thoughts next to just pure happiness and excitement. Telling our families was also another positive moment, as everyone seemed happy about the news and since then couldn't really shut up about how everything's going to be when the baby arrives.

Although the first trimester took a lot out of me, as soon as I got sent over the details and dates of the camps it seemed like all my lost energy came back to me. They were always a highlight of my year and while I knew it would mean I wouldn't get to travel with Dani for a few races, it was still always worth it. I got even more excited when we realised one of them was right during his summer break and he offered to attend a couple of days, maybe even together with Isaac as the kids attending would be around his age anyways.

As we thought it was easier for Isaac to sleep over instead of his parents dropping him off at ours in the morning, we started our day with having breakfast together. I spent most of the meal just watching them interact and play around with their food. I almost completely forgot to eat my own plateful, having to rush myself before we would end up late for the day. After driving to the venue they had a bit of time to explore the space, while I helped pack out some of our equipment, toys and games we had before everyone could arrive and we would have to get on with our schedule.

Isaac was stuck to us at first, intimidated by the crowd and my colleagues who he didn't know yet. Dan tried to get him to find someone to play with but the little boy seemed happy enough with getting him to sit down next to the table and build a Lego car with him. I knew he would eventually warm up to the other kids and watched on as their build went from a truck to a F1 car replica, as much as you could replicate it with the given pieces. The second their masterpiece was done and Isaac shot off towards the playmat that resembled a track for all the cars I knew we would be easily forgotten next to all the kids. Daniel realised this soon as well, standing up from the little table and coming back next to me.

" Poor kids, those seats are really uncomfortable. " He stretched out his back for a second, leaning side to side as I just watched on. He always managed to make my brain freeze by doing everyday tasks or just existing pretty much. I wasn't even the only one affected by him, but was the one who could enjoy those effects in our day-to-day life.

" Don't you think it's just your 'masculine' hips? " I asked him, trying to hold back my laughter by not looking up at him. That was where I usually lost control over my body. " Or your way too long legs? " I added, trying to calm myself down but the moment he pulled me closer by my hips, a grin got back onto my face and soon turned into chuckling as he poked my side.

" Never heard you complain about the mentioned parts before. " He squeezed my hip, leaning closer to talk right next to my ear before completely letting go of me. Stunned didn't do justice for my state as I forced my hands to keep on cutting out the shapes that I have been doing all this time. " Are you getting jealous now that someone might inherit them? " One of his hands came up to my stomach that was already visible in any kind of clothing.

" The only thing I'm getting jealous of is the smile and the tan. You can keep everything else. " I shrugged a little, but couldn't help the grin that got on my face when he pinched my side gently. Just as I wanted to react to his attack we were all gathered around the centre of the room to start the first games for the kids, in order to really get the day started.