Lance Stroll - A special holiday

Celebrating Hanukkah, while living by the F1 schedule was never really easy. Some years we got lucky, meaning we could spend all the holiday days together at home, without having to travel or celebrate in a foreign country. Still, even when it wasn't the case, we always made it work. Usually either by me travelling to him or him coming home as soon as possible, so we could spend the maximum amount of days together. It wasn't the best solution, but the only way to do it, without disrupting Lance's career every year when our holiday and his races lined up awkwardly. No one would have been happy with him, if he always missed a race or two. Not even himself. He had too much passion for the sport to just give up chances because of his religion. He rather found a way to fit everything into his schedule.

This year we were quite lucky, having 5 days of the holiday free for Lance and also me being able to travel with him to Abu Dhabi. We also flew out both of our families, so we could celebrate together and wouldn't have to spend days travelling back to Canada and getting over the jetlag. It was the easier solution from the two, and I could see how happy Lance was that his family was there for the last race, cheering him on and then also taking part in all the rituals. We had everything needed with us, set up in the hotel room just as we would have had it at home. It wasn't perfect, but enough to be worth not travelling after the race immediately. He was tired after getting out of the car anyways, falling asleep almost as soon as we got back to our room, making me get ready for bed with a smile on my face. I really couldn't ask for more than falling asleep and waking up next to him, getting on with all our plans for the remainder of the holiday the next morning.

The first time I woke up to the bed and blankets moving I thought it was still quite early, not even opening my eyes and just making sure I got back to the dream I was pulled out of harshly. Although I fell back asleep, the little sounds, soft music and delicious aroma coming from the kitchen did not let me stay in my slumber for a lot longer. Hearing the sizzling of the oil in the pan and smelling the mouthwatering scents flowing around the room made me sit up with a sigh, giving up on my plan of sleeping in. Still, I couldn't stay mad for long, my lips curling into a smile as soon as I spotted Lance standing next to the stove. I knew that he was making our favourite, even though it wasn't usually a breakfast food.

" Morning! " I mumbled into his back as I stepped behind him, hugging his middle with both of my arms. " I was missing latkes for breakfast in the last few days. " I added, the smile turning to a grin that I hid into his skin when his hand landed on mine, which were resting on his stomach.

" I know. That's why we're having it. " He let out a laugh although first shuddered a little from how cold my fingers were against his skin. He was always like a heater compared to my usual body temperature. " Although I'm pretty sure we won't be eating anything else for the next few days. " He let out a laugh, leaning his head on mine as I rested my chin on his shoulder. I had to be on my tiptoes, but it was too comfortable to make me stand normally.

" Your mum does it best. I can't wait to get back home twice my usual size. " I let out a content sigh, imagining all the food we're gonna have in the upcoming days. " I could never say no to our family recipes. " A sigh ran out of me at the speed of light, making me close my eyes and going back to standing normally. I just rested my forehead on his shoulder blade until he was done and we could sit down to eat.

After our meal we packed the remaining clothes and things into our suitcases, so we could leave the hotel for the little beachside house we rented for the holiday we decided to spend in Abu Dhabi. It was easier to spend time with family in a house rather than three separate hotel rooms. We would also have more room to cook and take part in our usual activities. We also made sure to get a house that had a pool, so we could relax a bit in the water without having to go to the crowded beach. That usually ended with someone recognising Lance, making it impossible to relax and enjoy our time there. It was quite inevitable right after a race weekend, with most of the fans who flew out for the event staying for a few days longer and touring the city. I couldn't fault them though, we did the same just a bit more discreetly, without looking for celebrities everywhere.