Alex Albon - This is my show I. (AU)

A week earlier

Alex was just fixing up his tie in the body length mirror on the side of the well lit closet when he could hear rustling sounds coming from the bedroom. A smile was immediately evident on his face, though his eyes stayed focused on the task at hand, literally, knowing the source of the noise wouldn't run away in the next few seconds. It wasn't often that they stayed at the others on weekdays, with both of their work schedules full to the limit, but there were occasions that you couldn't just let slip. Lily's birthday was part of the list that was sacred for Alex, not letting anything get in the way of them spending some time together finally. Not even if that meant more work for the following days. Getting back from his thoughts he pulled once more on the silky material and left the little room, entering back into the bedroom.

" Good morning sleepyhead. " He grinned at Lily, the two of them exchanging a quick kiss when she sat up a little, still under the duvet. " Don't look at me like that. You know I have to catch up with work today. " Alex let out a sigh as soon as he saw the pout that got on Lily's face, seeing he was already dressed in his usual work clothes.

After 4 months of dating, they knew each other's schedules like the back of their hands. Their office hours were almost the same, both of them sitting behind a table for 8-10 hours 5 days a week, or at least that was what they knew about the other. Their same interests were a huge part of their first meeting, firstly connecting over their love of sports and then realising how they both were into the same style of art, consisting mostly of drawings and paintings. For once in his life Alex felt like he found someone who truly understood him and for whom, even the topics that were usually boring for other people, seemed just as exciting as it did for him. After just a few dates and spending almost every weekend together they were ready to call themselves a couple, Alex asking the first big question in a relationship during their picnic in a local art museum's little park. Since then they spent every free minute they had together  at either Lily's flat in the middle of the city or Alex's apartment on the side of the mountain.

" I do... I'll have to as well, just a bit later. Are you taking a look at that painting collection today? " She asked, kicking off the duvets to finally start getting ready. Alex answered with a quick nod, not even fighting his instincts as his eyes followed Lily to the bathroom. " Is dinner still an offer for tonight? " She asked again, from the little en-suite, her voice echoing between the white tiled walls.

" It can be, if the traffic won't be too bad. I just have to get back home in time. " Alex answered, getting his watch onto his wrist and deeming himself ready to take on the challenges of the day. " I have to go, but I'll call you when we're finished. " He stepped to the bathroom, stealing one last kiss from Lily before taking his bag and phone from the living room and leaving the apartment.

Alex drove the usual half an hour to the office, parking his car in his own spot and took the elevator to almost the last level of the building. He was met with familiar faces, greeting all his coworkers on the way to his own little cubicle. As one the head writers for the magazine, he knew almost everyone and everything around the corporation. Even a part of it that was closed off to everyone other than the boss, him and a few other guys all in leading positions. Putting his bag down on the table he got his laptop and papers ready for the day, just as someone knocked on his door, peeking inside immediately.

" George is ready for us if you're done pretending. " Lando rolled his eyes at the organized workspace, ducking behind the glassdoor when his joke was rewarded by a pen flying his way. It sadly bounced off the glass, Lando opening it again when he deemed it safe again to do so. " Are you coming or should I tell him to find someone else? " His friend asked, stepping away from the doorway, when Alex finally decided that he was ready to leave.