Chapter 16

Luke and I were at the park, we used to go to when we were kids, sitting on the swings.

My ring sparkled in the sunlight, as I swung myself back and forth.

"Is there a ghost minster that can marry you two off?" Luke asked as I looked at him.

"Absolutely no idea... but it's not like I can have the huge fairytale wedding that I've always wanted." I said.

"I'm sure we'll find a way." I smiled.

"Wanna go see mom and dad?" Luke nodded.

"Yeah." We both teleported to the front door.

"Luke! Lea!" Julie's voice said as we both looked beside us.

"What are you doing here?" We asked in unison.

"OK, look. I just wanted to know more about you two, you know, just curious. So I came here last week on your birthday." Julie said.

"You were spying on us?" I asked.

"Even after all your speeches about boundaries? You were spying on us?" Luke asked.

"I know. I'm sorry. It was wrong. I'm just, I'm worried about you." Julie said mostly to Luke.

"You don't have to be." He sighed.

"I get it. I know how hard it is when you want to speak to someone you love and can't. I feel that way every day." She told us.

"I don't even know what we'd say to her, even if she could hear us." Luke said.

"And even though I can show myself and talk to her. I just can't put her through that."

"Yes, you do. You two already said it."

"Trust me." We gave Julie a slight nod as she reached for the doorbell.

A second later, the front door opened to reveal dad.

"Hello. Can I help you?" I grabbed onto Luke's hand.

"Hi. I'm Julie. I believe you had a son and daughter named Luke and Lea?"

"Yes, that's right. And you are again?" He asked her.

"Julie Molina... Um... your son's band used to play in my family's garage?"

"I... I came across this song that they wrote and figured you might be interested?" Julie held out the paper.

It was the one with Unsaid Emily on it, a song Luke and I took ages to write.

"Uh, please... please come in. I'm... I'm Mitch." Dad stuttered.

He headed into the house, as Julie followed, she held the door opened for Luke and I, we stepped inside as she closed it.

"Can I, um, get you something?" Mitch asked.