Preface

The boys were on the stage singing their hearts out to Now or Never, Luke's voice filled the Orpheum making me smile.

Of course my eyes were almost always on, Reggie, my boyfriend of a year, and quite frankly the love of my life.

As they finished, I stood up clapping and cheering along with Rose, the waitress.

"Thank you, we're Sunset Curve." Reggie winked at her.

"Does he wink to everyone?" Rosé asked me.

"Yeah. I asked him to get it checked out but he doesn't listen." I said.

Rose laughed shaking her head before starting to clean a table.

"I'm thinking we fuel up before the show. I'm thinking street dogs." I heard Luke say from stage

Reggie and Alex agreed but Bobby however was too busy coming this way probably to flirt with Rose.

"I'm good. Vegetarian, I could never hurt an animal." I rolled my eyes.

"You guys are really good." Rose smiled.

"And I see a lot of bands, even been in a couple myself. I was really feeling it." Rose told the four boys.

"That's what we do this for, I'm Luke by the way."

My brother stepped forward causing me to roll my eyes.

"I'm Reggie."

"Alex."

Bobby went and pushed Luke away.

"Bobby."

I then smiled as two arms wrapped around my waist from behind.

"Nice to meet you, guys. I'm Rose." Rose said as Reggie removed his arm holding out a demo.

"Here's our demo." Rose took it from his hand as he then held out a t-shirt.

"And a t-shirt, size beautiful." I kicked his leg after Rose took it.

"Thanks, I'll make sure not to wipe the tables with this one." I hid a laughed.

"Good call, whenever they get wet they kind of um... fall in your hands. No big deal." I waved it off.

"Don't you guys have hotdogs to get?" Bobby asked.

"Oh yeah! He had a hamburger for lunch, by the way." The boys and I laughed as Reggie dragged me outside.

Reggie and I intertwined our hands as his other hand held t-shirts as we made our way out of the Orpheum.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Luke said happily.

"The smell of Sunset Boulevard?" Asked Alex.

"No." Luke chuckled.

"It's what that girl said in there."

"Her name is Rose."

"About our music, all right? It's like an energy. It connects us with people." He said with enthusiasm.

"They can feel us when we play. I want that connection with everybody."

Luke wrapped his arms around mine and Alex's shoulders.

"Then we're gonna need more t-shirts." Reggie said as I chuckled.

Luke let go of us and pulled up his hood.

"Come on, boys."

I rolled my eyes as we made our way past the line.

Reggie stopped me and him as he handed two girls t-shirts.

"Ladies."

I pulled him away then let go of his hand as we caught up with the others.

"Babe?" Reggie tried to grab my hand as I crossed my arms.

I still didn't listen until he stopped me by going in front of me.

"Hey, hey, don't cry." I didn't even realize I was until he told me.

"It's OK." He wiped my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I just don't like girls gushing over you, and you giving them all t-shirts." I sniffed.

"It's alright, babe, I love you and only you." I smiled.

"I love you too." He gave me a kiss as I felt sick probably because I haven't eaten.

"Can you make my dog for me?"

"Of course. Go sit."

I kissed his cheek before heading to the couch.

A moment later, the boys came over as I stood up to let Reggie sit down before sitting on his lap.

"This is awesome you guys." Reggie handed me my hotdog.

"We're playing the Orpheum! I can't even count how many bands played there, and then ended up being huge." Luke told me as I took a bite of my hotdog.

"Eat up boys, sister. After tonight, everything changes."

Everything did change that night.

I mean we did die.