Chapter 5

Reggie held onto my hand as we teleported to Julie, so we can see her perform.

"What are you doing here?" Julie asked.

"We wanna see you stick it to the man. Isn't that right, boys?" Luke asked.

"Man, I miss high school." Reggie said staring at the lead girl as I elbowed his stomach.

During the performance, Reggie kept on staring at the girls causing me to stand beside Luke.

And Alex kept on dancing to it, causing Luke to hit him.

As the group finished, the crowd cheered and clapped.

"Thank you!"

"We love you, Carrie!"

"Oh, I love you too!" She waved to the crowd.

"Make sure to check out my new YouTube video..." Carrie told the crowd.

"Oh, go Bobcats!" The group ran off as the principal came up.

"Thank you, Dirty Candy." Everyone clapped.

"Now's your chance. Go talk to her." Flynn told Julie, grabbing her shoulders.

"See you in music class." She ran off as Julie stayed put.

"What are you waiting for?"

"Yeah. I mean, you look really nervous. Like yack in a bowl nervous." Alex told her.

"I just don't think I had enough time to work on the song." Julie turned to Luke.

"I wouldn't have given you the song if I didn't think you were gonna rock it." I smiled at my brother.

"Now, there's a piano on that stage with your name on it."

Julie nodded before heading to the stage.

Everyone cheered as the boys appeared beside me.

Everyone stared at her, as the stage hand came on beside Julie.

"Hey, where'd the rest of the band go?" He asked.

"Uh."

"Wait. Were those holograms?" One of the Dirty Candy girls asked.

"Yes! Yes, they were holograms. I plugged it into the projector before the show." Julie told the crowd.

"I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff."

"That's wild." Luke said as the three of us looked at him.

"They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended."

"We should double check." Reggie said.

He went ontop of the box, and started doing a weird dance with his butt hanging out, no one said anything.

"I don't think they can see us." Reggie said coming back to stand with us.

"I wish I couldn't see you." Alex and I both said.

I then grabbed Reggie's hand.

"Come on, before you leave me for a human." I said.

I teleported us to an empty hallway, Alex and Luke joined us a couple seconds later as we waited for Julie.

The boys did a stance as we waited for Julie, I kept on telling them she wasn't going to like it.

I was resting my head until the three idiots yelled.

"Julie!" I jumped as Julie growled.

"You! Stop doing that." She told them.

"I'm serious."

"Wow! This one's all on you. We were already here. Well, actually, we were over there, and then we came over here." I shook my head.

"Are we not gonna talk about what happened?" Luke asked us.

"Yeah, the whole school saw you. It's kinda freaking me out." Julie told him.

"OK, good, 'cause it's kind of freaking me out too. You know, you could see us, and people could see us whenever we play music. And my clothes are made of air, but for some reason, I'm still getting a wedgie... so many questions." Alex huffed.

"The important thing is that we rocked that place. They were loving you!" Luke told Julie.

"Are you kidding? They loved us. That was a great song, Luke. Thanks." Julie said.

"And did you guys see the cheerleaders looking at me?" I glared at him.

"I think they were looking at me. Please tell me they were." Reggie said as I scoffed.

"Bro, they were looking at you." Luke told Reggie cupping his cheeks.

"Oh, I knew it!" Reggie said happily.

"You're an asshole!" I said standing up and as soon as I did, I leaped towards the garage can.

Dinner from the other night, was in a acid brown substance, as I vomited into the garbage.

I groaned as Julie stood behind me.

"We'll tell my dad after school." She said as I sat against the wall.

"Okay." I said wiping my mouth.

Someone cleared their throat as Julie and I looked up.

The three boys stood there, confused and concerned.

"How did you just vomit? And tell her dad what?" Luke asked.

"You didn't tell them?"

"No... I didn't have the time and I didn't want to see their reaction." I played with my nails.

"Tell us what?" Alex asked.

Julie and I looked at each other, she hovered her hand over mine, giving me a nod.

"I'm what they call a Day Walker, and uh there's something else. I mean it sounds bizarre, and unnatural but it's real, at least for my kind. I'm honestly wondering if it was.."

"Lea. Tell us what?" Reggie asked fear in his eyes.

"To tell you that." I took a breath.

"That I'm still pregnant."