Chapter 6

Reggie and I sat up in the loft, he was pacing in the little space there was as I sat on the bean bag chair.

Luke and Alex were downstairs, talking.

The look on Luke's face, hurt my heart and all I wanted to do was cry and sob.

But I was more worried about Reggie.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Reggie quivered.

"I only found out last night, an-and I was so scared, so I went to Julie. I-I-I'm sorry." I started crying.

"Hey, hey, stop." He kneeled down in front of me.

I looked up at my boyfriend, his eyes were soft but he had tears in his eyes.

"It's OK. But for now on, you need to tell me this stuff, Okay? And you need to tell me how you feel."

"I will." I said as he sat down beside me.

"Come here." He held out his arms as I cuddled into his side.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly, as I gripped his shirt.

"There is one thing."

"Hmm?" He mumbled into my hair.

"I know that it makes you happy, that people can see you. But can you not talk about girls, or commented about them. It makes me feel bad."

"I'll stop. You are the love of my life, and the mother of my child." I smiled.

Reggie's placed his hand gently on my stomach as I leaned in for a kiss.

As I pulled away, I smiled before resting my head back on his chest.

I laid on the couch, reading my book as Reggie and Luke went over one of Julie's songs, to add a melody to it.

I was almost at chapter 14, when Julie came in looking at them.

"Guys, you aren't supposed to be out here playing alone." Julie told them.

"I tried to tell them."

"But we're not alone, 'cause we always have each other." I rolled my eyes as Julie unplugged Reggie's amp.

"But... but we had the volume level on one." Reggie said.

"But we rocked it on volume ten. You want us to play it again." Reggie asked.

Julie stared them down before unplugging Luke's amp causing me to chuckle.

"I really don't think she does." Luke  whispered to Reggie before he placed his guitar on it's stand.

"We've been waiting for you to get home. OK, so we have some pretty major news to tell you. We had a band meeting earlier, and..." He pointed at Reggie as he slapped his thighs.

"We wanna invite you to join Sunset Curve. And no, you're not dreaming." I turned the page.

"Oh." Julie said.

"Oh, uh.... oh, she said, "Oh." Um." I popped my head over the top of my book.

"That's what you say when you get socks on your birthday not when invited to join the most epic band ever."

"Mötley Crüe?" I asked as he glared.

"Sorry. I'm honored, but I can't think about anything but Flynn right now." Julie said as I sat up.

"She's still mad at me for lying. She hasn't even texted me back."

"I'm sorry, Jules." I said air hugging her.

"So, you wanna join the band?" Luke asked as I gave him a death glare.

"Read the room, dude." Julie said before heading to the door.

"We need you, and you need us because you need music." Julie was about to open the door.

"We found this poem that you wrote, and Reggie and I, we added this really cool melody to it. It sounds awesome."

"Where'd you find that?" Julie asked.

"Uh... definitely not your dream box." Luke pulled Reggie in front of him before running away as Julie followed.

"You went through my stuff?" Julie yelled at him.

"Yeah, we can do that now." Reggie said.

I pulled him to the couch, so I could cuddle into his side.

"No. No you can't!" Julie said.

"Boundaries! Give it back!" She yelled at Luke as he jumped on top of the piano.

"Hey, you need to know how insanely talented you are." Julie reached for the paper as Luke held it up.

"OK? Listen to this." Reggie played with my hair.

"If somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too." Then Luke started singing it.

"And my life. My life would be real low, zero flyin' solo. It's a killer melody." Luke told her.

Julie sighed.

"I wrote that about Flynn when she was helping me with all my mom stuff."

"It's a beautiful song." I told her.

"I gotta go." Julie said heading to the door.

"Hey, what about the band?" Luke asked as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Stay out of my room!" She yelled before shutting the doors as Luke ran over, sticking his body out of the door.

"We will if you join our band!"

I rolled my eyes, before looking up at Reggie.

"You got something on your lip." He said.

"Where? Here?" I pointed in the middle.

"I'll get it." He said before capturing his lips with mine.

I smiled into it causing Luke to groan.

"Not in front of me!"