Chapter 8

"This thing is rad!" I told Julie as I sat on top of the piano as she watered the plants.

"I'm glad you like your new phone. I'll show you some cool apps later." I smiled.

"Sweet. We're playing a school dance?" Reggie said pulling my hand into his.

"It's not exactly the Strip." Luke grumbled as I rolled my eyes at my brother.

"Don't be a baby Lucas."

"And you're not exactly alive, so you should be happy we have our first gig." Reggie said.

"I wasn't in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way for us to build a following, right?"  Julie asked.

"Yeah. Yeah. You need to play wherever you can, whenever you can." I told them.

"No, you're right." Luke nodded.

"Let's rock those kids' faces off and then play the clubs." Luke said as I chuckled.

"And then record a single that gets a billion streams." Julie popped over.

"I don't know what that is, but hopefully it gets us a manager and a tour." Luke smiled.

"Then you release a bunch of hit albums." I said.

"Put out a country album that does surprisingly well." Reggie said as we all looked at him.

"I shred on the banjo, so." I leaned over kissing the top of his head.

"Then I'll learn how to fiddle." Julie said as they both fist bumped.

"And before you know it, we're being inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of fame."

"But one of us isn't there. Because we had a blow out in 2032." I rose a brow at my boyfriend.

"My money's on Alex." Luke and I nodded agreeing with Reggie.

"He's so sensitive."

"What are we waiting for? Let's get rehearsing!" Luke said jumping up and down.

"Uh... where is Alex?" Julie asked as the boys and I shrugged.

"No clue." I said going back to my phone.

I took a breath, as I slowly grabbed onto Julie's hand, we both shouted in excitement.

"I DID IT!" I screamed.

"YAY, YOU DID!" She screamed back.

"We're trying to rehearse." Luke glared at us from where he and Reggie stood.

I rolled my eyes.

"I have a OB/GYN appointment tomorrow, so I need to practice." I told my twin.

"I mean unless you don't want to see how your niece is doing."

"We're having a girl?" Reggie asked excitedly.

"No clue. I just have a feel it's a girl, I mean everyone in my family almost always had a daughter first." I said.

"Besides, you can't tell the gender until your 18th or 20th week."

"I remember being an only child until Carlos was born." Julie said.

"Me too." I groaned.

"Lea, we're twins." Luke said.

"Yes, and the 10 minutes before you were born was the best 10 minutes of my life. Ya know, until I met Reg." My boyfriend came over kissing my cheek as Alex showed up.

"Oh. Hey, Alex." Reggie smiled.

"Where have you been? We need to start practicing." Luke told Alex.

"Yeah, for what?" Alex asked as Flynn came in.

"Dance news."

"I don't have a date. But, I don't care because I'm so psyched to see you guys perform. Lea, looking good." I smiled.

"Oh man! We're playing a dance?"

"Of course, dude. That's how we get a following nowadays." Luke said.

"Yeah. Get with the program, Alex." I rolled my eyes at my best friend.

"The boys are here?!" Flynn asked before acting cool.

"Hey guys!" Flynn said waving in the wrong direction.

"Other way." Julie told her.

"OK, well, now that Alex has graced us with his presence can we start working?" Luke asked.

"Yes! We're gonna rehearse. You wanna stick around?" Julie asked Flynn.

"I'm supposed to blow up 500 balloons for the school dance, but this is way better." Flynn said.

They were about to start but Carlos came in with the photo that was taken of the four of us.

"Hey, Julie." Carlos said.

"Remember those orbs in Dad's pictures? I... I think they're ghosts." I chuckled.

"But don't worry. This room is..." Carlos looked around the room.

"This room is clean. I'm not getting the ghost tingles."

"Wrong again, little dude." Reggie told him as I slipped my hand into his.

"Have no fear. If they come back, I will protect you, because I am the man of the house." He pointed at Julie as she crossed her arms.

"Isn't Dad supposed to be the man of the house?" Julie asked.

"There can be two." Carlos said .

"Dad needs all the help he can get, right?"  Carlos asked.

He then took salt out of his pocket, as Julie and I looked at each other.

"According to the internet, salt burns their souls out."

"A little sprinkle will keep them from ever coming in here." Carlos unscrewed the cap, throwing it Alex's way.

"Oh God, I'm..." Alex yelled dramatically until he realized nothing happened to him.

"I'm fine. Totally fine."

Julie cleared her throat, looking at Flynn.

"Carlos, you know who's hungry?" Flynn asked him.

"Um, salt me a path to the kitchen." Flynn said.

Carlos gave us a nod before leaving the garage with Flynn trailing behind him.

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

do y'all watch Criminal Minds, and like Spencer Reid? if i made a fic, would y'all read it?

also sorry for the short chapter, and chapter 16 of Old Souls should be up, sometime tomorrow