II

"I've never met a strong person with an easy past."

-Atticus

Friday arrived soon and it was finally Noah's birthday. When we reached school, all the guys did the bro handshake thing and girls purposely hugged Noah longer than required, seeing it was a once an year opportunity, whereas I stood there unsure of what to do. Shouldn't it be the birthday boy who needs to feel that?

Oliv, the head cheerleader, noticed me and engulfed me in her bear hug.

"Haven't seen you in a while Antheia. You aren't hiding from me, are you? Also, happy birthday to you in advance, girly," oliv eagerly said.

"No, Oliv, why would I feel the need to hide from you! And thanks babe," I beamed.

Now you must be wondering why the head cheerleader is talking to me. Well I am not popular, popular but everyone knows me and I have a pretty good bond with all of them. That's the speciality of Bridgewood High, we don't have any plastics. Oliv is really friendly and has been dating the school quarterback since freshman year, with no cases of cheating from either side.

After school, I got dressed into a black dress which reached my thighs and paired it with some stilettos and then started knocking on the door opposite mine.

"Cam, you ready, we're gonna be late, mumma and papa are already ready," I shouted.

"Calm down pumpkin, lover boy, won't cut the cake without you," he said.

"Oh shut up!" I replied.

Apparently Jade and Cam have got this theory that Noah 'LOVES' me. I, like any sane person, don't believe them. Wouldn't it be cliché to fall in love with not only your best friend but also your best friends little sister? Though Noah is hot and I love spending my time with him, it's not necessarily love is it?

"I am a guy and I know how we look at girls when we like them, and you don't know how he starts grinning like an idiot when he talks about you, pumps," my cupid of a brother said.

"Whatever," I said and marched past him to the living room where ma and papa were watching the news.

"You look gorgeous, mumma," I said to my mom who was draped in a black silk saree.

"Yes, ma, you look beautiful," Cam said, standing beside me. Always mumma's boy.

"Aww, look at my babies, you both look so pretty," she said.

"Well, I can clearly see that I am an old man but Ant today you truly made me feel like one," papa said, holding his hand over his heart, with a hurt expression on his face.

"No papa, you look very handsome," I said striding towards him and wrapping my arms around him.

"Thanks Ant, and you look beautiful as ever princess, oh how you have grown up," he said with a smile.

"Yeah, forget your son," Cam muttered.

"Oh, you don't look half bad as well Camy," papa said.

"Oh thanks I guess," Cam replied irritated.

"Boys, boys, we all are going to be late, come on," mumma said, breaking their usual banter.