VII

"She was everything real in a world of make believe."
-Atticus

Waterville High. Three similar huge red buildings with a blue roof on each, stood in front of me. I was already the talk of the town, the girls' here were glaring at me, not even hiding the jealousy. The boys, you know, they are and always will be a group of creatures so low, who think oh! so mightily about themselves, looked at me, as if they discovered a new species of fish in the water.

Arriving in a BMW-convertible, further, didn't help my case. The twins glared at every boy, as the people in our way steered clear to make way for them. They closely followed me, and I wanted to dig a hole and never come out. I really don't want to bicker with girls about which of my brother belongs to who.

As if on cue, a tall, perfectly tanned and manicured hand stopped Ezra, twirling her strawberry red hair, she placed a lingering kiss on his cheek, and batted her eyelashes at him. I controlled my very strong urge to laugh and out of the corner of my eye I saw, Elijah doing the same.

As soon as she looked away, Ezra quickly wiped his cheek with his bare hands, but I didn't miss it.

"Who is this girl, baby?" She asked him.

"Our sister," Elijah replied, did you really think that the demon would say that?

"Oh well, we are going to be late for class, and I need to pick up my books from my locker on the way, come on babe," she said, pulling Ezra with him.

"What's her name?" I asked Elijah, as he lead me to the main office to collect my schedule.

"That's Autumn Prescott, head cheerleader," a new voice behind me said. I turned around to see a guy, probably six feet, the same height like Elijah, Ezra and Luca, look down at me with soft brown eyes, a mischievous glint in them.

"Theo Edwards," the blonde haired boy said, extending his hand. He was wearing a pink tie-dye hoodie with blue jeans. Cute.

"An... I started but was rudely cut off by Elijah," Julianna Russo," he said and I shook his hand.

Theo looked back and forth between the two of us before giving me a wide boyish grin.

"Return of the lost princess, I see," he said. Elijah smiled and finally stopped after taking a turn at the end of the corridor.

Pushing the gate, I saw a lady probably in her late fifties, greet us with a heartwarming smile. Her gray hair were neatly tied in a bun and she wore a white shirt with black trousers and a black blazer.

"Good morning Elijah and Theo, escorting the new girl? How thoughtful of you! But don't trouble her!" She said.

"Good morning, Mary, and this is my sister Julianna, we are here to collect her schedule," Elijah replied.

"There you go, sweetheart," she said, handing me a freshly printed sheet. My brother peered over my sheet.

"Your first period is History with Mr Matthew, and luckily you have Theo, me and Ezra with you in that!"

"But aren't you guys a year older?" I asked.

"Yes, but mom and dad put us a year late in school," he shrugged.

"Oh."

"Come on Julianna, you don't want to be late on your first day," Theo said.

The bell rang as soon as we reached the class. Mr Matthew was really nice, he didn't ask me to give a stupid introduction of myself to the class. Instead he just announced my name and asked me to sit at the back, beside this cute pale skinned boy, who's ocean blue eyes stared past my eyes and bore deep into my soul.