59

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

" -----I know it can't be you, but i kept imagining stuff.... Soo Jin, it wasn't you... right? "

Kang Soo Jin stared at Lim Ju Kyung, clenching her fist tightly inside the pocket of her coat.

" ---Mi young...... she wouldn't do that to me and you know my secret and me dating su ho "

A tear roll down Soo Jin's face as she stares at Ju Kyung who's starting to break down in front of her.

" it wasn't you right? "

" If you don't think its me then why are you here? " Soo Jin replies

" because i want to hear it from you " Ju Kyung breathed

" I'm sorry. I can't tell you what you want to hear " she replied watching Ju kyung look at her in disbelief

" Why? Why did you do that? Why would you do something like that to me? " Ju kyung ask her voice coming shaky

" Because I hated how you took over my place "

" what? "

" I was really glad when i heard Mi young came back. Even though i was the one who cut the tie off, doesn't mean i stopped looking at her as a friend. "

Ju kyung was confused, she thought it was just about su ho but turns out it's also about mi young.

" i started liking su ho just recently and that made me hate you more. Because I was there first, to both of them--- how could you.... steal them from me? "

" I-- I didn't " Ju Kyung stutter

" Why don't you just run away? go where no one knows you, hide somewhere far? Isn't that what you do? "

Soo jin steps in her home leaving Ju kyung outside crying. She looks down at her finger, staring at the friendship ring Mi young had given her.

She held her hand to her chest, holding it as she cries. To her--- Mi young is the friend she dreamed of.

She remember how Mi young would nag at her, take her out for late night ice cream, welcomes her with open arms and protect her.

So she understood what soo jin meant, because just like soo jin--- she felt comfort in Mi young.

And that's one thing, that made people so attached to her.

Adeline gently placed the wine glass down, standing up immediately when she heard the front door open.

Mi young and Seo Jun stopped giggling facing Adeline's worried look. Adeline sighed in relief pulling her into a tight hug.

" wh- what? what's wrong? " she ask her voice coming out muffled

Adeline pulled away from the hug staring at her daughter who is wearing a bunny eared hairband.