Glossary of Terms

Caelus- An Earth-like planet, 513 light years away.  Anger has been extinct on Caelus for more than a century.

Caelan- A person from the planet Caelus.  Caelans are nearly indistinguishable from us.  Beautiful, intelligent, and sophisticated, they do everything they can to blend in.  When necessary, they influence us with their psy in order to maintain their anonymity.

Psy- An ability of the mind possessed by the Caelans.  It's a method by which they can focus the energy of their brainwaves in one of three forms:  Mollire, Claustra, and Respiro.

Mollire- (Caelan word for 'soften') The most widely used form of psy.  Mollire is used to synchronize and stimulate someone else's beta wave pattern in order to make yourself more likeable to them.  When used properly, they become open to your suggestive influence.

Claustra- (Caelan word for 'barrier')The mental defense.  Claustra is used to strengthen your own beta waves in order to prevent someone else's use of mollire against you.

Respiro- (Caelan word for 'relax') Respiro is used to reduce the frequency of your own beta waves in order to calm down, fall asleep, or achieve a meditative state.

Regulus- A position of leadership among the Caelans.  A Regulus is much mentally stronger than the average person, and their psy is nearly impossible to defend against.

Indigena- (Caelan word for 'native') The people of Earth.

Moretti Research Lab- Facility run by indigena but also used by Caelans as a way to learn about us.  Avery works there as Director of Research over the microbiology, genetic engineering, and biotechnology fields.

Carina - Triangle shaped craft used by the Caelans to travel to other planets.

Magister Assembly- Group of six key people in the Caelan hierarchy who the Regulus depends on for leadership and senior management of their affairs:  Nathan, Gavin, Isaac, Bristol, Theo, and Quinn.