Palette of Red

Do you know how hard it is to deal with your little brother or sister when they are sulking about something you have already let go? It is hard enough having a normal sibling sad and angry over the situation, but what if you have a temperamental little brother like Shuiro did?

It was hard to deal with. Very troublesome to put up with Akashi when he was like that and if Shuiro were to be honest, his gloom around the house–being disappointed that is– was something she had only seen once before now. Why? Because Akashi didn't sulk and that was how it was supposed to be. Apparently Akashi wanted to be a little brat about things and Shuiro had to put up with it.

Let me set the scene for you. It was around 10 in the morning, the sun making it's way to the middle of the sky and pure joy happening around the apartment in Kyoto. Inside the twin's apartment, Akashi sat in the dark lounge with a false belief he could actually see the Shogi board in front of him (It didn't help he had no opponent) slamming his pieces hard on the board at every chance he got.

There was a short hallway that lead to four different rooms; the bathroom, toilet and two bedrooms. Inside one that was simple enough with two single beds, was a messy mob of red hair that seemed more and more untamed as the click of the Shogi pieces echoed in the empty apartment. Shuiro grumbled a bit hoping for the noise to stop soon, wondering why there was a noise so loud happening in the first place.

But it didn't stop.

Shuiro realized after 10 straight minutes of tapping that the noise wasn't going to stop aggrivating her any time soon– but seeing as Shuiro was generous regardless of not being a morning person she let it pass. She gave whoever her tormentor was a second chance. Of course, without a verbal warning they never got the hint and Shuiro could have sworn the tapping got louder and faster.

Shuiro finally growled, throwing her pillow off of her head seeing as it was useless in blocking out the taps, and sat up. Since she slept on her stomach, she looked ready to do a push up. Except, her face resembled that of a pissed off, red-haired demon who was just awakened from a peaceful slumber. Her height didn't matter, she was going to kill the idiot who was making those irritating noises!

The tapping stopped as soon as Shuiro looked ready to go outside of her and her brother's room. She sighed in relief before dipping back into the comfortable arms of the bed, placing the pillow back on her head just in case. There was a couple of minutes of peaceful sleep and Shuiro was just about to doze off when her patience snapped.

CLANG CLANG CLANG!

Shuiro blinked owlishly from under her pillow. Was that...pots and pans? Her confusion was good-for-nothing as rage clouded her mind. She sat up, threw off her blankets and stormed into the kitchen not happy with the deprivation of sleep.

While trying to comb her horrible bed hair with her fingers, Shuiro hissed her next words indignantly: "Who the **** woke me up?!" You see, Shuiro wasn't a fan of swearing unless it was something to do with her sleep. Her eyes were still half-open and everything was blurry but she went to the window and slammed it open expecting she was going to have to deal with construction workers.

But it was peaceful and happiness she saw, not cement and unkempt constructors.

CLANG CLANG CLANG!

Shuiro could have breathed fire as she slammed the window shut– no doubt scaring the children playing outside the apartment building – and glared at Akashi. The lounge was connected to the kitchen, the difference in floor surfaces being like their absent reminder that they switched rooms, so seeing someone from one side of the room wasn't hard.