Chapter 22

Justin

I stood on Nate's porch with clenched fists. How the hell I'd manage to talk to him without beating him to nothing, I had no clue. I rolled my shoulders back, lifting my arm to ring the bell again.

Nate opened the door with a raised eyebrow. "What do you want?"

"I need to talk to you. Dimitri's orders." I lied.

He shrugged, opening the door wider to let me pass. I waited until the door was closed before grabbing Nate by the collar and slamming him back against it.

"I'm only going to say this once," I breathed. "So listen closely. I don't give a fuck what kind of daddy issues you have or what kind of jealousy you feel because I have the girl you want. You better tell me what the fuck happened to her or I swear to God I will ruin your life."

"I don't know where your fucking girlfriend is," He choked out before I pulled him forward and slammed him back even harder than the first time. The anger that rushed through me hadn't been present in months. The urge to wrap my hands around his neck and press until there was no breath left was all too tempting.

"I could tie you up." I whispered. "Burn this whole house down around you. Or I could force pills down your throat. I'll leave a note behind. Make it seem like...living in the shadow of your father, never having his approval, became too much to handle. I'm a pretty reasonable guy, so I'll let you choose."

"You're a psycho."

"You haven't seen a psycho yet." I snapped. "I have nothing left to lose, Nate. So you better start talking."

"She ran okay?!" Nate rasped out. "The night she found out. Dad knows that she knows and she left. Now he's after her. You better find her before he does, because you know what'll happen to her if she takes this to the police?"

"And you have no idea where she could possibly be?"

"How would I know?"

I pulled Nate from the door but didn't let go. "I better find her in one piece," I said maliciously. "Or else I'm coming for you first." I knocked him out of the way, throwing the door open and slamming it behind me.

I didn't miss the way he wouldn't look me in the eye the entire time.

--

Gianna was pissed when she stomped her way into my living room. "What do you want, Justin?"

"I need your help."

She frowned. "You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend."

"I know, I'm sorry." I replied. "But when I met you, we weren't together. You've been nothing but nice to me and a really good friend. But that's what I need you to be...a friend."

Gianna sighed. "Ana's her name right?" I nodded. "I'm really sorry about what happened."

"That's why I need your help. Nate knows more about where she is than he is letting on."

She raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"He said she ran off, which makes no sense. She wouldn't just do that without saying anything to anyone. And even if she did run off, how would he know? It just doesn't add up. So please, just try to find out something. Anything."

"He may not be lying?"

"He didn't make eye contact with me once. I know a liar when I see one alright?"

"You're asking me to go against my family, Justin."

I sighed, "Ana is innocent in all of this. She is probably terrified and all I want is her to be with her own family...safe. Please, Gianna, help her."