Chapter 20

Ana

I sat in the middle of Justin's bed, waiting for him to come back upstairs. The conversation we were about to have would decide if I was staying here tonight. Coming downstairs to find my boss on the front steps and his sister in my boyfriend's arms wasn't exactly comfortable to me.

Justin came in through the open door, leaning against the frame as we stared at each other wordlessly. I crossed my arms over my chest, having no plans on saying the first word.

"That was awkward."

I scoffed. "No shit," Wrapping my arms around my knees, I leaned forward. "So my boss is the son of a mob boss. A mob boss that seems to know you pretty well."

"Yeah,"

"Yeah? That's it? You aren't doing business with him are you? Justin, you know how dangerous that is."

"I'm not, Ana. He's just been coming around since Richard died. Making sure I'm getting on okay."

"And he's not pressuring you into anything?"

"He's not, I promise."

I frowned. "That doesn't explain Gianna feeling too comfortable with running in here and jumping straight into your arms."

A light grin spread across Justin's face as he made his way to kneel at the edge of the bed. I lowered my legs so they were on either side of him and he pulled me closer to him.

"Jealous?"

"You would be too." I reminded him.

"Ana," He let out a small chuckle. "Gianna's sweet. But when I tell you there's no one else for me, I mean it. I don't want anyone else but you."

Heat rushed to my face. The sincerity in Justin's eyes seemed to be there when he talked to me now and it was overwhelming. But I could only imagine the hearts in my eyes whenever I even glanced at him.

"Can you do me a favor?" I nodded. "Put some distance between you and Nate."

"Jealous?" I mocked.

Justin shook his head, "There's a screw loose with him. Dimitri shoves him off to the side and I know that pisses him off. He doesn't like me and I don't trust him. He may try something with you to get back at me."

I nodded, neglecting to tell him anything about my past date with Nate. It wasn't that big of a deal since I never really liked him that much to begin with but I didn't want to upset Justin. So I kept it to myself, laying back on the bed and allowing Justin to rise and sprawl himself on top of me.

--

I clocked out of work, calling goodbye to my coworkers as I made my way out into the parking lot. When I'd gotten to the store earlier, there were no spots in the lot so I had to park behind the building.

Nate was leaning against my passenger door when I approached. "Ana," He nodded.

"Nate," I replied, stopping a few feet away. "I thought you weren't working tonight."

"I'm not."

"So then why are you here? Leaning against my car." Nate didn't answer, and didn't move either. "Alright then." I walked around him to get to my door, but he stepped in front of me to block my way.

"He's not who you think he is, Ana. You can do so much better than an immature child, trust me. I can give you so much better."

I sighed, taking a step back so that we weren't so close. "And what's that Nate? You can provide me with everything you get from your father's business."