Chapter 21

Justin

"How the fuck can you act so calm about this?" Gavin hissed as he made his way into the kitchen. There was still a cop in the living room with Ana's family. He'd spent hours here, asking every last question he possibly could.

None of this felt real.

"Because if I don't stay calm, things will get much worse."

"Worse? How the hell can it get any worse than this Justin? My best friend-the love of your life-is missing. It can't get any worse."

I sighed, "Gavin just...please trust me."

"Trust you? Okay, I'll trust you," He crossed his arms over his chest. "If you answer this. Does the Mob have anything to do with this?" When I remained silent, Gavin jumped up from his seat. "I need to tell them-"

I grabbed his arm. "You can't."

"Like hell I can't. She could die, Justin. They'll kill her."

"And they'll kill her if we tell the police. Dimitri will kill her, her family and anyone she's ever been in contact with if we involve the cops in this."

"I'm guessing Dimitri is the man from the funeral?"

"Trust me, Gavin, I'm terrified. I have never been this scared in my life. All I've ever wanted to do since the day I met Ana is protect her and I'm failing. So please, let me take care of this."

"You're one person, Justin." Gavin said. "This is so fucked up. Honestly, I wish she'd never met you. This never would have happened."

I nodded, "Me too." I said and I truly meant it.

--

The phone rang three times before it was picked up. "Justin, I expected I'd hear from you soon enough." Dimitri answered warmly. That made my anger increase tenfold.

"I've done all of your dirty deeds, I've gotten your fucking money, and I've done everything you've told me in exchange for one thing-her safety. Where the fuck is she?"

"Excuse me?"

"Don't you dare play dumb. What is it you want? Money? Do you want me to be officially jumped in or whatever shit you psychos do? What more can I possibly do for you?"

"I don't like accusations, Justin. I don't make promises I don't plan to maintain. I am very proud of the work you've done for me so far. I have no intentions of hurting your girlfriend."

"Then where is she?" I asked desperately. "This has nothing to do with her, she's innocent. I can't imagine how terrified she is. I just need her to be safe."

"I need to take a phone call, Justin. I'm sorry this has happened to you but there is nothing I can do to help."

"Dimitri-" I began but I was cut off by the dial tone. I growled, throwing the phone across the room and hearing it smash onto the wood floor. What more could I possibly do?

--

No POV

Dimitri sat face-to-face with his son with a stern expression, while Nate's was calm and cool. It was obvious Dimitri wasn't happy.

"Where's the girl Nathan?"

"I'm not sure what you're-"

Dimitri slammed his palms against the wood table, causing it to shake and Nate to flinch. "Tell me the truth. Now."

"Okay," Nate put his hands up in surrender. "The last time I spoke to her, she knew. She knew everything. I'm not sure how, maybe Bieber told her. But she said that Justin didn't belong with us."

"Us?"

Nate narrowed his eyes. "Belong with you. I told her she was playing a dangerous game and if she told the cops or anyone, it wouldn't end well. I told her if you found out she even knew, it was her own death sentence. But she just got into her car and drove off."

"And you're sure this is all that was said? Promise me, Nathan."

"I swear it, Dad. She has all of this information and we don't know what she's going to do with it."

"She won't be able to do much."

"What are you doing to do?"

"Call the boys," Dimitri said. "Justin better hope he finds his girlfriend before I do."

--

hey i'm alive

hope you all liked this chapter!

twitter: @bugattibiebxr

ig: @supersabrinaa

#TheEndIsNear