Chapter 16

Ana

The first time I had any contact with Justin in the following week, he completely blew my off. I was getting into my car after seeing Grams and Oliver and Justin was locking his front door to get into his own car. I called out his name and he looked up like a deer in headlights.

"Are you avoiding me or something?" I said half-jokingly. I knew he was, I wasn't stupid. "Where have you been?"

"Nowhere, just..." He shrugged.

"Is everything okay?"

"I'm fine, Ana." He snapped. "So we kissed. No big deal. Stop being so damn concerned and reading into every little thing."

I was taken aback. "I'm not a moron, don't you dare treat me like one. Why don't you grow the hell up, Justin?" I shook my head, slamming my car door without another word.

It was my turn to make dinner that night and I took my annoyance out on chopping vegetables. Gavin watched me with raised eyebrows. "What did the carrots ever do to you?"

"I'm pissed as shit." I replied, slamming the knife down again.

"Clearly. Wanna talk about it?"

"No."

"Alright."

I sighed, spinning around anyway. "When's the last time you talked to Justin?"

"Yesterday afternoon, he came over while you were working."

I groaned. "He's such an asshole."

"You don't mean that." Gavin said.

"You're an asshole too."

"Hey! I can talk to him for you if you want."

I snorted. "You've done enough, Gavin. I mean, it's not even like I kissed him. He initiated it. Twice. It's childish to avoid problems rather than handling them like an adult."

"So you mean like you did with Justin for months. And what you're doing with your dad."

I was silent for a moment. "If you're going to act like a therapist, you should really charge for your services."

Gavin grinned, patting my head. "Your company is enough for me." He said sarcastically, stealing a pepper from the bowl next to me.

--

Justin

Dimitri texted me with an address and a time. Nothing else. He was really adamant about getting me to work with him. Seemed like he was almost obsessed with it. I just stared at the text, knowing I should have just deleted the text. But I also knew better. Dimitri was not a man to piss off.

It was pouring rain when I pulled up to the gate right outside of the huge house. This can't be real, I thought.

The intercom crackled. "Yes?"

"Uh, yeah hi, I'm Justin...Justin Bieber. I got a-"

"Pull right through, Mr. Bieber." The monotonous voice guided me as the gate slowly slid open. I considered saying something else, like thank you, but I just rolled the window up and drove.

Dimitri stood on the doorstep when I pulled around the horseshoe driveway. He was smiling big and triumphantly. "Come in, Justin." He said. "I knew you wouldn't let me down."

I kept my hood on, even when I got into the house. Dimitri offered me something to drink. "No," I shook my head. "Spare me the bullshit. What did you want me here for?"