the wall

Elliot Rivers walked into the campus of his new college like he was a king. He didn't feel like an outsider, no. He felt normal, happy even. The girls gave him a fleeting glance, just out of pure curiosity. The same curiosity you have when you don't know a person, a curiosity with which you look at a stranger.

The guys, however, were a different story, but Elliot didn't notice that. The guys ignored him, half of them just out of basic indifference, others out of hatred. The football team had told them what had happened, and they didn't like him one bit after that.

Elliot glanced at his phone one more time, waiting to see if she had messaged, but sighed when he saw nothing. Picking up his pace, he walked to his lecture to see his insanely hot lab partner already there before him. He plastered a smirk across his face and strode with confidence, only his lab partner didn't even bother to look up at him, eyes stuck to her phone as she conversed with someone.

He rolled his eyes and took a seat beside her. She'll look, he was sure of it, and when she looks, he knew he would ask her out. She'll reject him, but he'll ask again. One day, she'll say yes, and that day he'll take her out.

But till that day arrives, he would keep asking. Because no matter what, she will say yes. After all, his old lab partner always did.

Aliana.

The name brought a sour taste to his mouth, thinking back to his last encounter with her. His friend had been a racist, he didn't like it very much, but there was also the fact that she deserved it. After all, she deserved it, after everything she had done.

After one grave mistake, she had made.

The ma'am walked in, glancing over all of the students as she discussed the project they're supposed to be doing. Elliot looked over at his partner in question, and out of irritation, she looked back at him. He asked her with a slight movement of his neck if she was done with the project, to which she rolled her eyes and looked back at the ma'am.

"Amanda and Elliot, I would like to talk to you both," the ma'am said, making both of them get up and walk over to the front of the class.

The ma'am looked at both of them and nodded ever so slightly, "Elliot, it has come to my notice that Amanda is finished with her project."

Elliot's face lightened up, and a smile took over his features, "That's amazing!"

The ma'am shook her head in disdain, "She finished hers. You have not done anything. She told me how you told her to complete your part as well."

"She did?" Elliot asked, looking at Amanda from the corner of his eyes to find her looking at the professor.

"Yes. Now, I need your part of the project to be done only by you. I have already reduced your marks by a bit as I do not tolerate such irresponsible behaviour. Get it done by tomorrow."

Elliot looked at his professor in shock. There was no way he was going to be able to do his part all by himself by tomorrow. The professor looked at both her students and smirked internally. It was always fun to put overly smart and disrespectful students in their places, she thought with glee.

She glanced at Amanda Lovell and gave her a barely noticeable nod. Amanda smiled slightly, to which the ma'am responded. The professor had remarked in wonder when Amanda had come to her the day before, telling her about her lab partner who never did any work. To say she was shocked was an understatement when Amanda had told her. Not because she had the utmost confidence in Elliot, no. It was because Amanda out of all people had told her this. All the professors knew that Amanda, no matter what people spoke around her about her, always did her work on time, without a single complaint about any of her past partners. She had detected an underlying reason for her complaint this time, but she decided not to call her out on it. After all, Amanda seemed happier nowadays as compared to a few months ago, so whatever she was doing, she trusted.