7 | ≠ ignore

There is something wrong

When Nathan told me yesterday that he'll see me, I assumed usual everyday nods whenever we pass each other on the campus, hi's and hellos. I didn't read too much, mainly because I didn't want to.

No matter how charming he was yesterday, I knew I couldn't really expect friendship from him, no matter what. We run in different circles, don't really merge, and that's okay.

But seeing him right now, walking towards me with his signature panty-dropping grin, I very much doubt my assumption skills. Sitting here in an early morning lecture, trying my best to stay awake seems like a task in itself. But dealing with Nathan is not on my list.

I quickly avert my eyes and pray to the higher power that he's not walking towards me to talk to me. Maybe his seat is somewhere near me, I conclude. But when I hear the unmistakable pull of the chair beside me, I internally groan.

"Hey there, grasshopper," he greets.

I glare at him.

"I have a name, and it's not that," I grumble.

"Someone's not a morning person," he teases.

I ignore the jab, which is true by the way. I had woken up late today, and since Mia was 'sleeping over' at her 'project partner's' place, I didn't have time to make my morning tea.

I focus on the presentation going on in class and ignore him completely.

"Come on, talk to me," he childishly pokes my side.

I continue ignoring him. I see him smirk from the corner of my eye and leaning in.

"Aliana," he whispers in my right ear. I feel a shiver run down my spine and turn to face him when I almost recoil in shock. His face is way too close to me, so close that I can smell his musky cologne.

I instinctively bend backwards, trying to put as much distance between us as possible.

"Dude, personal space," I chide.

He moves back slowly, a mixture of curiosity and amusement evident on his face. I roll my eyes and bring my focus back to the presentation. The rest of the class went eventless, Nathan paying attention himself.

After a gruesome 50 minutes, the lecture ends. I gather my stuff and walk out of the room. I hear his footsteps before I hear him. I turn around to see that Nathan's jogging behind me to catch up to me. I see a few students turn their heads to see the quarterback following a girl, but I simply don't care. All I know is, I need my tea.

"Grasshopper, leaving me already?"

I turn around and walk backwards, "What do you want Wright. I forgave you already."

He reaches me and swings his arm over my shoulders and turns me the right way, allowing me to transfer some of my weight on his body.

"I wanna get to know you," he says.