5 | ≠ delight

I feel terrible

I feel terrible.

I feel absolutely terrible.

I'm a terrible, terrible man.

I groan as the harsh sunlight pouring in from my windows wakes me up. The warmth I feel makes me close my eyes tightly, the sunlight taunting me that I've overslept. Guilt eats me inside out. I look around and see a naked girl lying next to me. As all memory of the previous night floods back in my head as an opened tap, I groan even louder and sit up, feeling even shittier.

The small clothless body next to me shifts in her place and opens her eyes.

"Morning, baby. Why do you look so tense," she says. Amanda is lying next to me, looking up through her blue eyes. She gets up on her elbow slightly, the sheet covering her dropping just a bit, revealing her naked skin as my eyes instinctively follow the movement. But unsurprisingly enough, the jolt of lust I had expected never came. 

I guess guilt overpowers all emotions. 

Looking back at her, I look at her face and suppress a sigh.

"Firstly, Don't call me baby. Secondly, you should go now. I have...stuff... to do," I stammer. This is what happens every morning I wake up late. The awkward get out conversation. Usually, I've left for practice or lectures by the time the girl wakes up, but not today.

Amanda gives me a blank look but quickly manages to cover her expressions, her usual easy-going smile taking over, "Okay ya sure. Even I have stuff to do. See you in class." 

She quickly gets dressed and as she's walking out of my bedroom, I watch her hesitate and I wince a little, getting ready to politely tell her to leave again before she turns around, "You know Nathan, you could've just told me to leave. You didn't have to treat me like someone you have to dump before getting on with your day. We both know last night was a one-time thing, so I was going to leave anyway."

My jaw drops open and she smirks a little when she notices that, "Well, it was fun. See you around, Wright," and she walks straight out of my bedroom and apartment.

This time, I groan again, but because of how my asshole personality managed to piss off two girls in twenty-four hours. 

"Dude, Amanda just walked out looking pissed. Did you tell her you had stuff to do?" Eli says as he walks into my room with two mugs of coffee in his hand. He hands one to me and sits on my desk.

"Yes, I did. Now get out," I say, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Wow. This is the kind of treatment I get after getting your coffee?" he feigns mock offence.

I glare at him and say, "Thank you, your highness."

"You're welcome, peasant. Also, telling her you have stuff to do is basically get out but politely. I think I heard her telling you off. Good for her honestly, you're quite an asshole these days."