Titans: Whatever I Am To You (Rachel x Dick)

Note:

Mostly all the Titans one-shots I will write will have Rachel and Gar as the main romantic couple but also feature Rachel and Dick because I love how protective they are over each other and I love their sort of parent-child/brother-sister relationship.

Based on episode 1x08

The entire futuristic apartment was filled with the smell of scrambled eggs, and the sound of music blasting from the speakers as the purple-haired girl hummed along. Then, unbeknownst to her, Tiger-Boy came prowling into the room- well not so much prowling as yawning and stumbling over his own feet.

"Rach?" said Gar, his voice still scratchy from just waking up. Rachel jumped and gasped in surprise, but eventually managed to calm herself down before she accidentally flipped the pan of eggs.

"You scared the shit out of me!" Rachel exclaimed, putting a hand over her heart.

"There's irony here..." Gar muttered under his breath. "You're aware it's like super early, right?"

"Yeah, I wanted to make breakfast."

"Alright, I'll make the coffee," Gar suggested, wanting his daily fill of coffee to wake up.

"Thanks," said Rachel, now acutely aware of the awkwardness filling the air.

"So... Dick and Kory?" Gar said slightly embarrassed.

"Oh my god, I know! Don't say it," Rachel groaned.

"Wait, you knew?" Gar asked, turning to look at her with surprise.

"Please, could they be any more obvious?" Rachel scoffed.

"Gross... It's like thinking about your parents, right?" Gar said, disgusted. Rachel didn't say anything for a moment.

"I wouldn't know," she said quietly, but then she continued, "But I'd like to."

"Yeah, I guess after you realized that your mom wasn't your mom and she got killed, Dick was the first parental figure you really had that knew everything but still cared about you, huh?" Gar said.

"Way to be subtle about my deep-running emotional scars!" Rachel said sarcastically.

"Good morning," Angela said as she walked in wearing a white robe.

"Hi, Angela," Rachel said awkwardly, reluctant to refer to her as 'Mom' so quickly.

"Hi, baby. You know you can call me 'Mom', right?" She said as she walked to the huge window wall.

"I know you're my birth mom and that I probably should call you mom, but I honestly don't remember you much and I don't feel comfortable giving you that title... I'm sorry," Rachel said.

"It's alright, sweetheart. I understand. You can take your time and I know you'll warm up to me eventually," Angela smiled at her and continued looking towards Gar, "And you young man; you care about my daughter don't you? A lot." Gar looked down at his feet, embarrassed and muttered something that none of the girls could hear.

"Sorry, what was that?" Rachel asked with a knowing smile on her face.

"I said yes!" Gar spoke loudly, a violent shade of red rushing to his face. The girls laughed as Gar quickly walked away to who-knows-where probably to avoid facing Rachel.

 The girls laughed as Gar quickly walked away to who-knows-where probably to avoid facing Rachel