5 - The Mikaelson Ball

A/N: Heads up, This is going to be longer chapter than I usually write :)

Kol POV

I stand in front of my full body-length mirror and hum and sing a song quietly. OG Kol has a grest voice.

"I spoke to God today,
And she said that she's ashamed.
What have I become,
What have I done.
I spoke to the Devil today,
And he swears he's not to blame.
And I understood,
'Cause I feel the same..." I take a few dance steps as I pull my dress pants up.

I snatch a belt from my bed and loop it around me to it's proper place. I sit down and pull my socks and shoes on still singing.

"Arms wide open, I stand alone.
I'm no hero, And I'm not made of stone
Right or wrong, I can hardly tell.
I'm on the wrong side of Heaven and the righteous side of Hell.
The wrong side of Heaven and the righteous side, the righteous side of hell..." I sing as I grab my shirt and put it on.

I start to button it up while continuing to hum rest of the song. I tuck the shirt to my pants nicely and put my black vest on. I then grab my untied bow.

I place it around my neck to tie it up. I grab a hold from each end, but I freeze. I can't remeber how to tie it up. I mentally curse at myself and sigh.

With the bow hanging from around my neck, I walk towards Elijah's room. I knock on his door and I hear a 'Come in.'

I take a deep breath, open his door and walk inside. He is doing the same thing I was, tying a bow tie. He looked handsome, as always with a suit, Duh. He looks at me through the mirror before turning his whole body towards me and stilling his movements.

"Yes Kol?" He asks with a small smile. I smile a bit too and glance at the floor before looking up at him with a sigh.

"I think I had a stroke or something and now I can't tie my bow tie. I know, embarrasing. Could you help me?" I ask and scratch my neck. He chuckles.

"Of course. Come here." He says with a warm smile, secrectly feeling excited and loved to help his brother like he used to before they turned into vampires.

I smile widely at him and take four big steps to get in front of him. He turns me to so we are side by side so I can see how he does it through the mirror.

He undoes his bow tie and nods to me. He starts to tie it up slowly, explaining every step to me. I observe his movement and copy it as good as I can.

We finish pretty quickly and I smile. I did it. "I did it, by myself." I say grinning and he smiles at me.

"Yes you did." Elijah says as he reaches to straighten my bow tie. He pats me on the place between chest and shoulder.

"Thank you brother. And sorry for interrupting you. I'll go finish to get ready." He pulls me into a quick hug and I'm pretty shocked to be honest, but of course I hug him back.

"It was no bother, I was done anyway. I will see you at the party. Until then brother." He says with a fond smile. I nod happily and start to leave. I stop and turn back again. "And Elijah?"

He looks at me. "We shouldn't trust Esther. I promise she is not honest with us." I mumble and leave.

I walk back to my room. As I leave, Elijah shakes his head fondly with a small smile on his lips. Maybe he is getting his little brother back after all.

 Maybe he is getting his little brother back after all