Chapter 9~ Prisoner

"Why don't we calm down." Charles looked at me scared.

"It's not working." I say nervous my colors changing to green to blue to purple. "My powers are getting out of control."

"Okay I'm gonna try something." Charles tells me while I feel him poke through my mind. I can feel him calm down my brain. Then stop being able to float and start falling. Alex catches me.

"Thanks." I said mumbling.

"No problem. You good?"

"Mhm." I reply shaking my head feeling very lightheaded. The next thing I know my eyes are rolling back in my head and all I see is pitch black.

When I open my eyes I'm in a bright room.

"Where am I ?" I ask.

"The nurse's office." Sean said sarcastically.

"You kinda blacked out." Angel said.

"Sorry bout that by the way. In there." I say starting to stand up.

"Hey you should take it easy. You were giving off a lot of power." Hank said.

"Oh yeah? How do you know?"

"I don't know. It just kind of felt weird in the room, the vibes you were giving off."

"Thanks by the way." Raven spoke up. "For what you said."

"Don't mention it." I replied my head was pounding. "Where's Charles? I should talk to him."

"He left. On a mission." Alex for the first time spoke.

"Right." I said slightly annoyed. "Didn't want to take anyone?"

Everyone looked at me.

"What?" I asked them. "I have something on my face."

"No it's just..." Alex started and he looked uncomfortable.

"We heard them talking. About you." Raven started saying.

"They want me to leave." I say sadly. Of course they do. Everybody does at some point. Remember? I can't do anything right. Even coffee. My stupid step father was right. I voice rang out breaking up my thoughts.

"Actually quite the opposite." Hank started. I looked up at him curiously.

"They think you should stay." Sean said.

"Then why do you all look uncomfortable." I look at Alex. "What is it?" I was looking right in his eyes.

"They said you were a danger to everyone around you. Even the people here. The reason they want you to stay is so—"

"They can contain me." I finish his sentence. "I'm a prisoner."

"Come on it's not that bad." Darwin said. "I mean this place is nice isn't it?" I got up quickly. I didn't want to hear there pity little attempts to make me feel better.

"I don't need your pity." I said coldly. "But I do need a drink. Excuse me." I walk pass them and out the door. Who knows where to go in this place it's a complete maze. All I was feeling was mad. And I can't feel mad because then I'll start to glow and then I'll give them another reason to keep me here.

"Damn it!" I shout punching a wall. I leave a big hole. "That's new." I say looking at my hands. No colors this time. I start walking further down the hall. If I ran now while nobody was here would they miss me? Should they catch me? What would they do to me if I didn't want to stay? If I ran? Then I heard some footsteps. I immediately put up my force field. At least that's under control.

"Whoa. It's just me." Alex says his hands raised.

"I have a feeling you think it's a good idea for me to stay here. A prisoner in their cage."

"Why would you say that?"

"All you think about is control. I wouldn't be surprised." I lowered my shield and turned around away from Alex and kept walking. "I want to think. I'm not good company right now. You should leave me alone."

"Is that really what you want?" He ran up to me standing in front of me stopping me by the shoulders.

"No. Maybe. I don't know! I'm just so angry. I'm not the bad guy here! I wouldn't hurt anybody. At least anybody innocent." I think back to that guy in the alley and how I scared him.

"I know."  He came up to me and hugged me. It felt awkward a first but then I leaned into it and hugged him back hard. I cried like a big baby in his arms. "I know. I know." He rubbed my back and comforted me. I stopped crying. Alex kissed the top of my head and pulled me back.  "You're all good?" He asked me his eyes full of worry.

"Yeah sorry. So embarrassing." I say wiping the remaining tears off of my face.

"I get it." He put my hair behind my ears. "Come on let's go." He held my hand and brought me back to the common room everyone was playing around. Like before but it felt different, less fun.

"Welcome back." Sean said.

"Good to be back." I replied.

"Now we can get this party started!" Raven said and she blasted the music. Everyone started dancing and Darwin, Alex and I headed over to a pinball machine and started playing. Alex was doing really well when we heard a boom.

"What was that?" I said staring for the window to see what was happening then there was mutant and another and finally a last one.

"Hello my fellow mutants." He stood there with his arms open.

"The name's Shaw."