Chapter 11~ Vanilla

"Arghhhhhh" I've been going on hours now trying to heal him. Trying to at least get his eyes open. All I've been able to do is stabilize him and I don't know how much longer I can.

"You can do this. Just a little longer until Charles and Erik come." Raven says.

"What are they going to do, huh? Gonna control his mind to become better? Doesn't work like that." I snap at Raven and she looks hurt. I immediately felt bad. "Listen, I'm sorry okay it's just not only am I prisoner but my friend is dying and I'm not sure how much longer I can take. Now somehow I feel all of this is Charles and Erik's fault so I'm kinda mad at them but I'm sorry for taking it out on you."

"Yeah I'm sorry too. They shouldn't trap you here." She replied to me and we shared a smile.  "We're gonna go get some help. You'll be okay here?"

"Yeah sure." Then my vision started to get blurry. "Alex. Stay." I say mumbling trying to get the words out of my mouth.

"Yeah of course I won't leave you. What's wrong?"

"I'm gonna faint soon. I can't hold this much longer."

"Hey, hey I got you." He put his arms around me and I immediately feel better. Not because of what I feel towards Alex but because I feel because his energy is giving me a boost. If somehow I can absorb it even more than what I'm doing now I could heal Darwin enough for him to make it until Charles's comes. Then an idea hit me.

"Alex, I need you to do something for me."

"Yeah what is it?"

"Find my skin and put your hand there."

"Excuse me?" Alex asks blushing and embarrassed.

"Blondie I really don't have time for you to be cute alright? Find my bare skin and put your hand there."

"Okay yeah." He placed his hand on my lower back and I felt immediate warmth. "Now what?" Alex asks breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Use your powers."

"What I could hurt you."

"Do you trust me?" I look at Alex and I can see him contemplating and come to a answer.

"I do."

"Then use your powers." He nods firmly and starts his powers. At first I feel burning and I flinch. Alex stops immediately.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah it's okay. Just keep going." He nods his head slowly looking at me with concern and starts his powers again. I feel the burning and then I feel powerful. I can feel myself powering up.

"You good?" He asks worriedly.

"Yeah are you?"

"Yeah. What's happening?"

"I think you're charging me up. Kind like a battery."

"Huh. What are the odds?"

"Yeah honestly. Tell me if your getting tired I don't want to drain you completely."

"Yeah, okay." There was a little silence in the room since the others went off to go get some help.

"Listen I'm sorry about pushing you off before. I should have trusted you."

"It's fine. If you didn't Darwin would've probably been dead."

"Thank you though Alex. You've helped me a lot." I looked at Alex and we were so close. His hands were around my waist and a could feel his muscles on my back. I leaned in closer and closer until our lips met. He tasted like vanilla and I was addicted to it. He moved his hands up to my face and my hair and we stayed kissing like that before we heard a coughing sound. We immediately break apart both of our faces turning beat red and I look down to see Darwin is waking up.

"You two look like you having fun." He says out of breath. His voice raspy.

"Sorry we got a little carried away." I say.

"No problem young love is cool gotta take it when you have the chance." He says back to me starting to stand up.

"Woah take it easy Darwin." Alex says steadying him.

"Yeah I'm not sure how long you'll be awake for. My healing is trying to heal the inside of your body but the outside is still trying to keep up. You won't be awake for long your body needs sleep." I say.

"Yours does too it looks like." Darwin points to me. I go to a mirror and look at my reflection. My eyes at baggy, my hair is messed up, and my hands are shaking. I turn back to the boys.

"Yeah you're right but the place is a mess there's no where to stay." I say.

"You could come to my house for a night." Alex says. I look at him surprised." There's enough room for everyone."

"I don't want to bring your family trouble."

"It's no trouble for my friends. Come on don't you trust me?" Alex asks holding his hand out. I interlace my fingers with his.

"Of course. Could you tell everyone the address while I get Darwin healed for the car ride."

"Yeah sure." Alex replies to me. He leaves the room on his phone and I watch him go. Darwin catches my eye while I start prepping him.

"You two are cute together." He says and I smile.

"Alex is...something different. He makes me feel good."

"I used to have someone too. Word of advice don't take it for granted."

"Trust me I won't." We smile at each other and Alex walks in.

"Mom says it's cool and everyone will meet us there. Ready to go?"

"Yeah. Come on." I say to Darwin letting him lean on me. Alex comes over and helps as well opening doors and letting Darwin lean on him also. We pack Darwin into the back seat and I sit in the passengers seat. Alex takes the wheel and starts driving. Darwin looks like he closed his eyes so I talk.

"How long until we get there?" I ask Alex.

"Not long Mom's is pretty close."

"So that kiss.....I liked it."

"I did too." Alex looks at me, amusement in his eyes.

"I am pretty nervous considering I'll meet your family this early in our relationship."

"We have a relationship?" He asks me smiling.

"Well I guess unless you don't want to. Which is fine. I mean it would be early to start one." I start rambling. Alex takes a hand off the wheel and hold my hand.

"I would love to be in a relationship with you." I smile.

"Cool, cool." I mumble while smiling like an idiot. Alex brings my hand up to his mouth and kisses it.

"My family will love you regardless and it's just a night."

"Yeah. Yeah just a night sure."

"Hey wake Darwin up we're almost here." I say to Alex.

"I've been up this whole time." Darwin says from the back seat.

"You're an ease dropper." I say jokingly and all laugh and then Alex pulls into a drive way and a blonde haired woman comes out.

"Alex!" She says holing her arms out. We all get out of the car and Alex hugs the woman.

"Mom meet Darwin and Y/N. Y/N is my special friend." Alex says gesturing at us.

"Is that what they call girlfriends these days?" Alex's Mom says. I blush and so does Alex.

"Mom..." He groans. I take this as my opportunity to speak up.

"Hello Mrs.Summers, I'm Y/N!"