Chapter 7~The Dance That Ended Too Early

Alex looked at me. He seemed amused.

"You serious?" He questioned.

"Unless you're scared I'm better." He chuckled. I'm not used to it yet. I don't think I'll ever be used to anything about him.

"You probably are." He took my hand.

"You're such a charmer." He pulled me gently out onto the dance floor and held me close. So close I could feel each and everyone of his muscles. I could even feel his heart beat.

"Only to the girl who catches my eye."

"Must be a lot of them."

"Only one." He looked at me. I wonder if he could feel my heartbeat too it was going millions of miles per hour. He smiled.

"What?"

"You're nervous." Oh no. Immediately I felt embarrassed.

"Sorry ..." I mumbled.

"Don't be, it's cute." He twirled me. I smiled. And laid my head on his chest. I wish this song could last forever. For the rest of the the dance we moved around in comfortable silence until I heard slow clapping.

"Yeah. Super cute." A voice shouted out. Sean's. Then we heard some more clapping and it was everybody else. Great. I feel so embarrassed. I looked down at the floor. I could practically feel Alex's annoyance.

"Don't worry about them. They are super jealous of our skills." He whispered. I laughed.

The song had ended and we stepped back from each other redundantly. I bowed to everyone in a sort of end of the play way. Alex saw me do this and did the same thing. The clapping continued. I made my way to the couch area and opened a beer. Screw it. I plopped on the couch.

"Since you like putting people in the spotlight," I looked at everybody. Mostly Sean. "what's your power?" Sean responded.

"Put your beer bottle on the table." I did so. "You might want to cover your ears." I slowly covered them up. I looked at Alex. He was looking at me the whole time. He smiled when I met his eye. I reluctantly brought my attention back to Sean. I couldn't stopped smiling though. Then he screamed.

"Argh." I pressed my ears harder to my head. It was an annoying sound. Go figures. The bottle bursted open. After he closed his mouth. Alex made his way over to me.

"You good?" He said looking worried.

"I'm good Blondie." I squeezed his hand. "You good?"

"Yeah." He squeezed my hand back.

"So. You some kind of Banshee?" I asked him. He looked at me. "What?" I asked.

"That's it!" He said.

"What is?"

"My superhero name! It's gonna be Banshee!"

"Happy to be of service." I smiled. And fake saluted.

"We should think of code names. We are government agents now." Raven said. "I'd like to be called Mystique."

Oh lord.

The bonding begins.

I'm excited.