Chapter 10~Decisions To Be Made

"What do you want?" Alex asks Shaw.

"What I want is for my brothers and sisters to live freely. Isn't that what you want?"

"You know what I want?" I spoke up. "I want you to tell me why there isn't any agents left."

"Casualties of war." He shrugged at me and I couldn't even see remorse in his eyes.

"We weren't at war though. Were we?" I ask him and start walking up to him. "Some people in there were innocent and you just took their life and you're going to tell me it was a casualty?" I started to glow red again.

"Y/N..."Alex warns me and puts a hand on my arm. I immediately calm down and back away. Shaw looked at me thoughtfully.

"Tell me...Y/N is it?" I shake my head yes and he starts to walk up to me. "Did you think that these people accepted you even when you were under their roof?" I think back to all the strange looks we all got while we were here but chose to ignore.

"We are different and it scares them. I would be scared too if it was the other way around."

"But, is it the other way around? No, it isn't. They should be sacred of us and what we can do. Right now they are probably planning on different ways to suppress us to make sure we are lesser. But, we are greater and more powerful than we can imagine. Shouldn't we be on top?Shouldn't we live like kings?" He looks at Angel and I. "And queens?'

"Is that really up to you to decide?" I ask him.

"If not me, then who?" We are all quiet. "So who will join me in taking our rightful place? Who will stop our brothers and sister's suffering?" More complete silence. Then we hear some footsteps and Angel is walking towards Shaw's side. She turns around and looks at me.

"Come on, we don't belong here and that's nothing to be ashamed of." She says and hold out her hand to me. I look at her hand and then I look at everybody watching me. I look at Alex and in his blue eyes telling me to say no. What other option is there? To stay as a prisoner? But to kill all these humans? I couldn't. No matter how much they hate me or fear me, I will not.

"No."

"Do you think anyone will ever think of you as good? They'll always fear you this way at least you gain something from it." She says. I move out my hand almost taking hers but then I move my palm facing up. Holding my hand out to her instead.

"No...but it's not to late for you. Everyone will always have a problem with you no one will ever be content. If you believe that that than you're far gone." Angel looked at me sadly.

"Maybe you're the one who is lost." I look down at my feet.

"I will always know where the line is and when not to cross it."

"It's not always that easy." She lowers her hand and walks off. We all look at her sadly.

"We have to do something." Raven says. Then Darwin turns to Alex and whispers something in his ear. Alex gets mad and Darwin starts walking off to Shaw.

"Wait. I'm coming with you." Darwin says.

"No!" I say but Alex holds me back. "Let go!" I elbow Alex in the stomach and his grip loosens. I run up to Darwin. "Don't do this. Both of you. Please." I look at them pleading. Darwin grips my shoulder.

"Trust me."

"Wha-" Then he shouts:

"Now!" I look to where Darwin is looking and Alex is powering up. I put a shield around me and Darwin goes to protect Angel. Then just when Alex's ring is going to hit Shaw he somehow absorbs it.

"Oh my god." I say breathlessly. Then Darwin moves to punch Shaw and Shaw blocks it putting his hand around Darwin's neck and says to him:

"Adapt to this." And somehow puts Alex's energy back into Darwin. Then they all poof away and all I see is Darwin struggling. Immediately I rushed towards him green glow shining from my hands. I put my hand on his head and said:

"Heal."  His body stopped adapting and he collapsed but, he was still breathing. "Alex, put him on the table. I need to stabilize him more."

Lord this is gonna be a longggg night.