On the Road Again Part 2

Tonya and Tiffany had been on the road for over two days as they had made stops along the way. With some stops here and there to rest up and to get some food. They both slit the bills evenly with Tonya paying for some of the hotel rooms and some of the meals that they stopped off for. She didn't have her debt card but somehow knew the number by heart just incase she ever needed anything and was without it.

They were entering New York off the expressway and wondered if they should stop and look around or just drive right through. After all, New York City wasn't a car friendly city. But both ladies had never been, and this might be the only opportunity to go. "What do you think? Should we go?" Tiffany asked Tonya as if they hadn't stopped everywhere else.

Tonya, looking up from her book she bought at one of the bookstores they stopped off in Philadelphia. She wondered if they should too. She really wanted to see Chris, but in the short about of time she knew Tiffany, when was she going to see her again? "I don't know. Do you want to?"

"Well, I've never been. Were going to miss the exit if we don't decide now."

Tonya looked ahead and nodded. "Yes, lets go. But then let's get back on the road. Ok?"

"Of course." Tiffany said in response and pulled onto the exit ramp. They drove into the city, getting hit with the afternoon traffic of New York. Soon Tiffany was cycling around trying to find parking after an hour of this, she wondered why she wanted to stop in the first place. She thought as she was waiting for the guy in the parking spot near time square that they could just walked up to after they parked.

Tonya seeing this Feuerstein in Tiffany's eyes opened up her mouth to speak. "Hey, you know... we could be in Boston in a few hours. That's only three times as long as we've been waiting." She joked just to ease the tension.

Tiffany smiled to Tonya. As much as she wanted to spend more time with Tonya, she knew that Tonya had to get back to her own life the same way that she had to get back to her life and her girlfriend. "You really want to see him again don't you?"

Tonya playfully rolled her eyes at Tiffany. "Yes. That's why were going or are you just stalling?"

"Yeah, kind of." She smirked.

"Well, as much as I want to hang around New York, I don't think today is our day." She pointed to the guy in the parking spot who was now just rocking out in his car to some heavy metal. Tiffany looked back over in front of them. People behind them began to honk and yell at them. Swearing even.

Tiffany sighed and drove forward trying to find the quickest way back on the expressway. They got on a half hour later and started to drive straight to Boston. Seeing as many breweries and other landmarks as possible along the way. Tiffany turned on her radio and listened to whatever rock station was playing in each part of town they passed through. Tonya sent a quick text to Chris telling them that she and Tiffany were close and will be there in three hours.

Chris saw the text message after an hour. "Ok. 😊" He sent back and started to clean up the house. He cleaned up the kitchen and dusted every corner, vacuumed all the carpet in the living room and every bedroom. He showered and patiently waited for her text message to say that she was here.

A/N: Yup, another short one, but I promise you next weeks will be longer and I will post it next week. I promise you all this. Hope you all are doing well and having a good weekend. I know other countries other than mine are on lockdown, so if you want to talk, I'm here just DM me. Or if you just want to chat in general, go ahead. I also promise you I'm very nice. 

-Dreamcast45