Tonya

Tonya drove from Engine, Oregon to Boston with all her positions in her car. She was 27 year old brown eyed brunette about 5'5" with small but fit body. She wore a hat to cover the marks on her pretty face. She couldn't believe she made it without being caught by police or one of her fiancé's friends or relatives catching her. The was the bravest thing she had ever done in her life. Just take off and leave things behind like she did.

Her life in Engine wasn't the best. Her job was boring. Just working as a receptionist at a small publishing company when she wanted to be a publisher,  but no one would hire her. Also, her relationship with Mark was terrible at best. They had been together for 4 years and he proposed a year ago and that was when things had gone downhill. She couldn't take it anymore the yelling, the fighting, all of it.

It was 10 o'clock at night when she exited the freeway onto the street of the Motel 8 hotel, she will be staying at till she finds a place to live. She pulled into the parking turned off the car, taking her key out and getting her suitcase and going up to the front desk. "Hello, I'd like a room, please." She asked in a low tone as to not draw attention to herself.

The lady behind the desk typed on her computer. "Room 104 is available and it's near the ice machine."

"Sounds good. I'll take that."

The lady booked the room for Tonya. "Cash or credit?"

Tonya took her secret credit card out of her purse, that Mark didn't know about that she put some money away for herself in case of emergencies. Her mom also would deposit some money in there, as she knew what kind of man Mark was even though he didn't reveal it till those last few months. She handed it to the lady. "Can I pay for 3 nights ahead of time?"

The lady took Tonya's card. "Well, seeing as no one has paid for the room, the for the next couple days, I don't see why not." She smiled and ran Tonya's credit card information into the system and handed it back along with her key card with a smile. "Enjoy your stay."

Tonya took the card with no emotion. "Thank you." She said and walked with her suitcase to room 104. She stuck her key card into the slot in the door and took it out and opened the door when the slot beeped and she walked in, turning on the light, placing her suitcase by the bed. She closed the door and opened her purse, taking of the hat she was wearing and taking out the compact and seeing her black eye. She sighed and put the compact back in her purse and put it down on the table nearby and walked into the bathroom grabbed one of the plastic cups and walked out with the cup and key and walked to the ice machine and filled it with ice and walked back into the room. Took out her key and got back into the room.

She then went to the bathroom and got a washcloth and put the ice in the cloth, folded the ends of it and walking with it to her bed, and icing her eye. Tonya did this for a half hour and then got ready for bed. Two hours later, she couldn't sleep. She grabbed the key she put by the bed and went to her purse for a cigarette. She took it out of the pack with her zippo lighter her dad gave her before he passed away and went outside. Walked past the pool, away from the parking lot and it up her cigarette. "What's a pretty girl like you doing out here so late at night smoking?"

Tonya was started by the man. He had light gray hair; his clothes were raggedy, and his teeth were yellow with two front ones were caped. "I don't want any trouble sir." She backed away and tried to find a new spot.

The man walked closer to her. "But I do." He pushed her into a bush and pulled down her pants. She closed her eyes and pretended she was in a nightmare. The man pulled down his and was about to enter her when a medium sized dog came out of nowhere, barked at the man. The man tired to shoo the dog away but the dog bit the man's leg and dragged him away.

Tonya managed to pull up her pants and run back into the motel. She took out the key and get back in, closing the door behind her. She soon heard scratching at the door and a small wiper. She took out her pepper spray and was now ready to aim it at whoever it was. She opened the door and found it wasn't the man who attacked her but the dog who defended her. "Hi there. Sorry I don't have any dog food but thank you for saving my life."

The dog stood up on his Hien legs and put her paws on her knee. She petted him and checked out his tags. "Oh, your name is Dodger? And I see your owner is... Chris Evans." She wondered if it was the actor Chris Evans. "Well, as a reword for saving me, I'm going to let you spend the night but tomorrow, I'm calling your owner." She held the door open and went to grab another cup, filled it with water and put it in front of Dodger who sat by the table. She turned off the light and got into bed. Dodger finished his water and hopped up into bed with Tonya to look out for her some more.

A/N: Hope you liked this chapter. More coming next week. -Dreamcast45