Contacting Chris Evans

The next morning, Tonya woke up to a sunny sky. It was a nice contrast to the grey sky she would wake up to in Eugene next to Mark or not next to him depending on the night. She got up, yelled, scatched and patted Dodger on the head before going to the bathroom to wash her face. She scrubbed it good and saw that her black eye had swelled down a bit overnight. She took off her clothes and hoped in the shower having not showered in a couple days. She was really anxious to get away.

Once she was done, she grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself and walked out of the bathroom and found Dodger sitting up on the bed. He must be starving; she went to see if she had anything in her bag that might tied him over. She had some almonds, cut up carrots and celery, dried unsweetened apricots and grapes, and checkers. Nothing for him till she remembered she had some beef jerky. She hated beef jerky, but Mark loved it, so she took a bag to spite him.

She took out the bag, opened it up and put some on the floor. She would've put a dish down for him to eat it in but there weren't any more. Tonya did, however, refill his cup of water from the bathroom sink. She put that down on the cup, and when he was done, she grabbed her cell and dialed the number off Dodger's collar. It rang and rang till it got the voicemail.

Hi this is Chris. Please leave a message at the beep.

Pretty weird outgoing message she thought. She all of the sudden couldn't think of what to say. She a person who basically talks on the phone for living couldn't talk. She tired again. It rang and rang again. Till the Voicemail came up.

Hi this is Chris. Please leave a message at the beep

She took a deep breath. "Hi Chris. Um you don't know me, but my name is Tonya Green and I think I have your dog. Or at least it says so on the dog tag. Anyway, if it is, please call me ASAP. I know your probably missing him a lot right now. Okay, bye." She hung up, thinking thank god she got through that and grabbed some clothes and changed into a different pair of jeans and a blue long-sleeved shirt. She wanted to take Dodger on a walk but she didn't have a leash and not idea what to do with him or even what to today.

Tonya grabbed the remote and turned on the TV and started to watch some morning news. She never did watch it but she thought it would center or take her mind off things till Chris called. She turned it off and checked her phone. Some calls had just come in. 3 from Mark none from Chris. She put her phone down on the table, grabbed her compact out of her purse, put on some concealer to cover up her black eye. She then put that away and grabbed her room key and went down to the lobby to grabbed some coffee and Breakfast. "Good Morning." The lady behind the desk said. It wasn't the same women from last night.

"Morning." Said Tonya as she grabbed a cup and pumped the top of the coffee steamer into the cup.

"You a guest of the hotel?" Asked the lady.

Tonya held up her key card to show the lady. "Yeah, don't worry. I'm not just stealing coffee." Tonya quipped and a smirk. To let the lady know she wasn't giving attitude. Mark would yell at her when Tonya would do that, but it was against the lady's job to do so.